Company: New Standard Equities
Posted on: November 18, 2023
Position: Maintenance SupervisorDepartment: OperationsReports
to: Community Director and/or Regional Maintenance ManagerPay:
$40/hour plus 15% BonusFLSA Status: Non - ExemptIntroduction to the
Company:New Standard Equities is a leading vertically integrated
real estate investment management firm that specializes in the
acquisition and operation of multifamily properties located
throughout the Western U.S. New Standard Equities is guided by a
set of principles that govern how we conduct ourselves in every
aspect of the business to ensure we meet our objective of providing
an ideal living experience for our residents that is Just Right
Living. We are a company of self-starters who strive towards
delivering on our mission of providing Just Right Living for the
individuals and families that choose to call our properties home.
To achieve our objective of providing Just Right Living, we perform
at every level of the organization with integrity and are driven
toward continuous learning and improvement on the job, to deliver
on our promise of Excellence at Every Level of the organization. We
are motivated to solve problems creatively in our approach and
think out of the box to deliver exceptional results. We value
collaboration and view teamwork as vital to the success of the
organization by building genuine relationships with co-workers and
residents through effective communication and follow through. We
are customer service focused by demonstrating care as an
organization and at every level and in every position. Skills and
mindset essential for success:
- Customer-service focus
- Effective communication and follow through
- Motivation to solve problems creatively
- Builds genuine relationships with co-workers and residents
- Driven toward continuous learning and improvement on the job
SUMMARY:The Maintenance Supervisor oversees all maintenance
operations, including goal setting, organization of activities,
meeting objectives, and ensuring services meet established
standards. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:Core duties and
responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be
- Anticipates needs and establish priorities and courses of
action to meet objectives each day.
- Assists in executing/adhering to property budget for
maintenance related categories.
- Maintains work areas and systems in a neat, orderly condition
to ensure smooth operations.
- Monitors results of delegated assignments.
- Adheres to established policies and procedures, paying special
attention to safety regulations.
- Performs on-call responsibilities in accordance with
- Works with city inspectors for inspections and identifies
- Inspects new vacancies to determine necessary work to prepare
- Responsible for unit turns, move outs and apartment
- Supervises workers in field and ensures timely completion of
- Approves necessary adjustments for assigned jobs.
- Inspects properties for safety, health, and fire hazard
- Takes emergency calls and coordinates requested work.
- Assists Community Directors with requests of maintenance work
- Develops and maintains an effective organization through the
selection, training, compensation, motivation, termination, and
review of all personnel.
- Develops and maintains a program for sound employee relations
at all levels of the company.
- Provides guidance and direction to maintenance employees to
assist in their professional development.
- Delegates and coordinates work orders and instructions to
maintenance workers in a timely manner.
- Maintains inventory of equipment and supplies.
- Resolves problems and discrepancies with jobs and/or interacts
with workers to amend the issue.
- Contacts other vendors for problems that exceed the capacity of
- Orders new equipment as needed and/or has equipment
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures, paying special
attention to health and/or safety procedures.
- Ensures permits for completed work and necessary for legal
requirements are filed in office in a timely manner.
- Performs maintenance duties including work orders and
preventative maintenance activities, with minimal supervision
consistent with company policies and procedures and direction from
supervisor(s), completes documentation and necessary paperwork in a
timely, accurate, and complete manner to document and track
- Ensures apartments are ready for occupancy by performing
various and as needed electrical, HVAC, plumbing, carpentry, and
other miscellaneous maintenance and repairs necessary or
- Maintains grounds, common areas, and amenities by picking
up/emptying trash and debris, vacuuming, moping, pressure washing
breezeways and commons areas, general cleaning as needed and other
areas as directed.
- Repairs minor problems of buildings and foundations, including
ceilings, walls, floors, basements, and all mechanical contents of
- Applies knowledge of building operating systems such as HVAC,
security and sprinkler systems, fire alarms, plumbing, heating,
electrical, and any other related setups to perform maintenance,
preventative maintenance, and/or repairs.
- Complies with company standards and applicable laws including
but not limited to; Fair Housing, OSHA, Landlord Tenant, Local
Building Codes, OSHA, and EEOC. Attends and participates in company
safety meetings and required trainings and other safety related
laws and requirements, and by reporting accidents and incidents
promptly to supervisor.
- Reports known safety hazards, equipment, and customer concerns
- Responds quickly to emergency situations during work hours and
- Follows established process for inventory of supplies and
materials at the community, by tracking inventory used, returning
unused inventory, maintaining inventory levels and notifying
supervisor about re-ordering needs.
- Supports cost saving initiatives by fixing rather than
replacing parts when possible and not being wasteful with materials
- Maintains high levels of customer service for prospects,
residents, vendors, and associates.
- Performs other duties as assigned.SUPERVISORY
RESPONSIBILITIES:This position directly supervises employees.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities
include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning,
assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding
and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving
problems.QUALIFICATIONS:To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.Language Ability:Ability to read
and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and
maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write
routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively
before groups of customers or employees of organization.Math
Ability:Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units
of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and
interpret bar graphs.Reasoning Ability:Ability to apply common
sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written,
oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving
several concrete variables in standardized situationsComputer
Skills:To perform this job successfully, an individual should
preferably have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel,
Microsoft Outlook, internet software, order processing systems,
project management software, and Yardi
Voyager.Education/Experience:High school diploma or general
education degree (GED); and four to six years related experience
and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and
experience.Certificates and Licenses:
- Valid driver's license
- Valid automobile insurance
- Relevant certification preferred (EPA, HVAC, CPO)Knowledge,
Skills, and Other Abilities:
- Bi-lingual is a plus
- Basic computer skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Knowledge and ability to demonstrate basic workings of
plumbing, electrical, HVAC, flooring, appliance, landscaping, and
- Ability to provide personal truck to travel to and from
properties and to transport various tools, such as ladders
- Organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- High performance standards
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently
- Proven record of working both independently and with
- Knowledge of environmental hazards including asbestos, lead
based pain, and radon
- Effective team player
- Positive attitude
- Ability to work weekends as necessary and respond to
emergencies Physical Demands:The physical demands described here
are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use
hands and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to
stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and
stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally
required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up
to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and ability to adjust focus, and ability to see color.
Work Environment:The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of
this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne
particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; and outdoor weather
conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid
conditions (non-weather); work in high, precarious places; and risk
of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is
Keywords: New Standard Equities, Fremont , Maintenance Supervisor, Professions , Fremont, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!