Sanitation Technician - Now Hiring
Posted on: January 25, 2023
US1224 Newport Meat Northern California, Inc.
Minimum Level of Education:
High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:
$16.39 - $22.12
The compensation range provided is in compliance with state
specific laws. Factors that may be used to determine your actual
rate of pay include your specific skills, years of experience and
For information on Sysco's Benefits, please visit
Come join our Team! Be a part of a dynamic organization by working
for one of Sysco's specialty meat companies where we provide
custom-cut fresh steaks and other meat, seafood and poultry, giving
customers dependable quality, selection and freshness.
* Monday - Friday schedules available
* Competitive pay
* Ongoing job skills training, leadership development training
* Career growth opportunities - we promote from within!
* Paid vacation and holidays
* Comprehensive healthcare benefits
* Generous retirement benefits
* Employee discount programs
* Referral Bonus
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Safety programs
* Service recognitions and employee rewards
* Cross training opportunities
* More benefits, too many to name
Standard eligibility rules and timelines apply to all Sysco
benefits, including additional healthcare benefits options,
retirement benefits, vacation, and paid sick leave. Please visit
https://syscobenefits.com/careers to view additional benefits
information. *Exceptions/exclusions may apply
What are we doing to keep our employees safe with regards to
* Personal protective equipment and masks provided
* Temperature screenings
* Social distancing guidelines in place
* Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Perform plant cleaning and sanitation and sanitation related
inspection/audit procedures (monitoring documentation and
environmental sampling) to ensure compliance of the production
environment to corporate and regulatory sanitation requirements at
a Sysco Specialty Meat Group (SSMG) location. This includes daily
cleaning and sanitation to prepare for routine operations or
ongoing operations as assigned. Perform line implementation in
accordance with regulatory agency directions including
CFIA/FSIS/FDA/State/Local authorities relative to sanitation.
Perform daily Cleaning and Sanitizing tasks associated
- HACCP Program
- Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures
- Pest Control
- Good Manufacturing Practices
- Chemical Control
OCCASIONAL/MARGINAL JOB DUTIES: Provide assistance when necessary
for plant audits to assist other staff members. Assist as needed in
any manner capable of during emergency situations the plant
President or GM determines are paramount to the business
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cleaning and Sanitizing Meat or Seafood Company processing area
- Mixing and working with caustic chemicals for cleaning and
sanitizing. Often diluting concentrated chemicals.
- Inspecting the processing area for cleanliness and proper
sanitation as well as implementing bacterial and organic material
testing to determine cleanliness of the processing area and
- Paperwork documenting cleaning and sanitizing of the processing
area. Paperwork is subject to federal regulatory review for
noncompliance as well as FSQA program compliance.
- High School Preferred
- One to three years Sanitation work in a Meat or Seafood or
other Food Manufacturing facility.
- Three plus years performing cleaning and sanitizing of a
federal raw meat or seafood processing plant. Preference given to
those who also have experience with ready to eat processing
Technical Skills and Abilities:
- Write and read English is preferred.
- Must be able to complete paperwork documenting cleaning and
sanitizing of the facility.
- Knowledge of processing equipment and its breakdown for
cleaning and sanitizing.
- Basic knowledge of industrial cleaning and sanitizing
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Must be able to complete basic paperwork in English.
- Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is
required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or
controls. The employee is often required to stand; walk; sit; reach
with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100
pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision,
depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Activities may require lifting of products up to 100 pounds and
requires working in a production environment on a moving line,
lifting cartons, washing and cleaning equipment and the facility as
well as visual inspection. Corrected vision required for sensory
analysis to identify color, clarity. Warehouse and plant activities
also require close and distance vision to judge GMPs; peripheral
vision and depth perception mandatory for safety.
- Cold and Damp Meat or Seafood Processing Area
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over
57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco
operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and
serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and
professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic
organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their
expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals
to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco
is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or
any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its
subsidiaries and affiliates.
Keywords: Sysco, Fremont , Sanitation Technician - Now Hiring, Professions , Fremont, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!