Sr Manufacturing Technician
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job Title: Sr. Electro-Mechanical Assembler
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do
important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer,
protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your
work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in
achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
Materials and Structural Analysis Division
How will you make an impact?
The Electro-Mechanical Assembler performs assembly, wiring,
alignments and final configuration of components in an assembly.
The Electro-Mechanical Assembler collaborates with colleagues
towards common production goals via documented manufacturing
procedures. This position also participates in continuous process
improvement activities and maintains the highest standards for
workplace safety and quality.
What will you do?
* Conduct assembly work applying prescribed methods using a variety
of hand tools, fixtures and test equipment.
* Collect test data, use databases and other office programs to
document the manufacturing process
* Participate in resolving production challenges and making process
* Assist in selection and/or set-up of specialized equipment
* Perform a wide variety of troubleshooting to identify and resolve
* Perform equipment set-up, calibration and preventative
* Follow audit and safety guidelines
* Train current and new employees
How will you get here?
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* 3 years of manufacturing or mechanical assembly experience
* Background in precision mechanical assembly and low volume,
complex manufacturing processes preferred
* Experience in lean manufacturing, 6S and continuous improvement a
* Previous assembly experience in a Clean Room environment is a
* Experience with Windows-based and MS Office programs (Word,
Excel, Outlook and Access)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
* Demonstrated ability in successfully working in a Team of 8-10
* Ability to work in a cleanroom environment using appropriate
* Ability to analyze and solve problems independently as well as
* Ability to support projects, perform training and work
productively as part of cohesive teams
* Self-motivated, self-starter with strong organizational
* Ability to lift up to 35lbs
* Strong verbal and written communication skills, successful in
partnering with colleagues of differing cultural, language and
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in
serving science, with annual revenue of approximately $40 billion.
Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier,
cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life
sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges,
increasing productivity in their laboratories, improving patient
health through diagnostics or the development and manufacture of
life-changing therapies, we are here to support them. Our global
team of more than 100,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled
combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and
pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands,
including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher
Scientific, Unity Lab Services, Patheon and PPD. For more
information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and
does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected
veteran status, disability or any other legally protected
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Fremont , Sr Manufacturing Technician, Professions , Fremont, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!