Company: Mattson Technology
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Mattson Technology is a global company with nearly 30 years of
experience delivering leading-edge technology and products in the
Dry Strip, Plasma and Thermal markets to our customers. While we
consider Silicon Valley our roots, we have evolved into a worldwide
organization that includes manufacturing, research and development,
customer support, finance and sales operations throughout Asia,
Europe and North America.
Our success is a result, in large part to the highly qualified and
dedicated employees at Mattson Technology. Our employees represent
a diverse group of individuals, committed to working as a team to
deliver on our commitments. We value the ingenuity, flexibility,
passion, knowledge and "can do" attitude that our employees
We encourage you to consider a career at Mattson Technology.
Mattson Technology recognizes that to recruit and retain a team of
highly qualified employees, we must invest in our employees and
therefore, we offer a comprehensive employee benefits package.
About the Role
This opening is for a Senior Export Analyst position in the Legal
Team based in Fremont, California. This role will be reporting to
the Senior Manager of Global Trade Compliance. The candidate will
be primarily responsible for the management, development and
implementation of the company's Export Compliance Program & Roadmap
relating to U.S. and foreign laws and regulations. The candidate
must demonstrate expertise in export regulations as well as a
working and technical knowledge of import regulations and will also
be expected to participate in the management of company's import
compliance program. Candidate must have working knowledge of Asia
Pacific (China, Taiwan, etc.) and EU regulations. Candidate's
performance will be subject to peer review.
* Ensure legal compliance per Company policy and Governmental rules
and regulations, including appropriate licensing for shipments
* Provide strategic advisement on export license application
process, content and structure by aligning company equipment and
technology with U.S. regulatory policy and positioning licensing
team for success.
* Maintain and update the Company's Import and Export Compliance
Manual as well as oversight of Trade Compliance's process and
* Proactively participate in Company's Engineering Change Order
process, including new product introduction process.
* Management of Company's CCATs including review of company's
products, software and technology and where necessary, work with
engineers to draft and submit applications to BIS.
* Responsible for collaborating and participating in
cross-functional projects to represent Trade Compliance, which may
involve advising of destination country requirements.
* Review daily export operational transactions, such as HTS & ECCN
classification requests; ensure orders in SAP are released in
accordance with applicable license information; and expediting
release of shipments on Customs-hold.
* Responsible for managing the Trade Compliance team's
self-classifications of products.
* Responsible for maintaining Deemed Exports and Denied Persons
screening policies and processes for customers, vendors, employees,
and visitors on a global basis.
* Provide supervision, best practices and auditing of license logs
ensuring compliance with export license quantities and values
* Responsible for overseeing, including planning and execution, of
the company's overall internal export and import audits (e.g.
manometer logs, AES filings, etc.), as required, not limited to
writing applicable reports; providing corrective action; follow-up
* Responsible for development and deployment of trade compliance
training on a global basis.
* Provide updates to Senior Manager of Global Trade Compliance
(GTM) as requested
* Manage other trade compliance tasks, as assigned by the GTM.
* Other duties as assigned
* Minimum of 10 years of Export and Import experience
* Extensive knowledge of the EAR, OFAC, US Customs, FTR laws and
* Bachelor's degree in Political Science, international trade, or a
related degree and/or relevant experience.
* Product classification skills
* Detail oriented
* Effective verbal and written communication skills
* Work independently with minimal supervision
* Project management skills
* SAP or other equivalent ERP experience
Keywords: Mattson Technology, Fremont , Export Analyst, Professions , Fremont, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!