Company: LMC, A Lennar Company
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Overview Our Company: Aya ApartmentsAt LMC, it---s all about the
team. LMC is a very special place to work, largely because of the
special people who work here. Our company culture is infused with
spirit, enthusiasm, passion, and vitality. From high-rise buildings
to garden-style communities to restoring historic locations, LMC
Construction is proud of its adaptive approach, its dedication to
sustainability, and its commitment to building great neighborhoods
for people to call home. Above all else, we are committed to
quality, communication, and integrity. Sure, we map out blueprints
and communities, but we also map out careers. Hope you are looking
for opportunities at one of America's leading apartment developers
and one of the top 2019 Best Place to Work in Multifamily, because
here they come. Responsibilities Summary of Position:Performs
various maintenance duties necessary to maintain and enhance the
value of the community.-- Handles service requests for repairs and
improvements of vacant apartment homes to a market-ready status.--
Works as a team participant along with the other maintenance team
members to ensure the community meets the quality maintenance
standards set by LMC Living.Principal Duties and
- Completes assigned work orders generated from resident requests
for service, as well as routine upkeep on the property by
diagnosing the source or cause of the defect or problem, and making
repairs in accordance with established policies, procedures, safety
standards, and code requirements.
- Completes the make-ready process to prepare vacant apartment
homes for leasing and new move-ins by completing the pre-move-out
inspection, creating a ---punch--- list of maintenance work needed,
scheduling vendors and contractors as needed, obtaining needed
supplies and materials, completing all maintenance tasks, and
inspecting completed work.
- Follows procedures for accessing and obtaining materials,
supplies, equipment, tools, and other items from the community---s
maintenance shop by tracking inventory used, returning unused items
to the established location, and notifying the maintenance
supervisor about re-ordering needs.
- Completes documentation and other paperwork timely and
accurately so that service requests can be appropriately documented
- Assists in maintaining the grounds, common areas, and
amenities. Some examples include picking up trash and debris,
pressure-washing breezeways and pool areas, performing general
cleaning, and painting curbs and signage.
- Supports cost-cutting and expense control programs by fixing
rather than replacing parts when possible, not being wasteful with
materials and supplies, and practicing the correct use for tools
- May periodically inspect work performed by contractors, vendors
and other service providers to verify the work, materials and
services meet quality standards, scope and specifications as
- Complies with Company---s safety and risk-management policies
by attending and participating in the community---s routine safety
meetings, completing required training on OSHA and other safety
related laws and requirements, and by reporting accidents and
incidents promptly and accurately.
- Demonstrates customer services skills by treating residents and
others with respect, answering resident questions, responding
sensitively to complaints about maintenance services, and
completing assigned work orders with efficiency and urgency.
- Assists in conducting routine and periodic community
inspections to identify safety and risk management concerns, keep
the community in good repair, and communicate concerns about the
physical needs of the community to management.
- Follows established policies and procedures by monitoring and
ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, organizational
standards, and operational processes related to area(s) of
responsibility and reporting violations or infractions to
- Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with Company,
community, and departmental policies, procedures, and standards by
immediately reporting any mechanical or electrical equipment
malfunctions, associate/guest/resident injuries or accidents, or
other safety issues appropriately.
- Participate in on-going training by Service Supervisor and
other resources as needed and/or required. Qualifications Education
and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of two years of experience in property management
maintenance or equivalent experience.
- Must have EPA certifications Type I and II or Universal for
refrigerant recycling (Applies to Certified Service
- Must have all certifications as required by State and Local
jurisdictions (Applies to both Certified and Non-Certified Service
- Must provide own hand tools unless prohibited by State law and
must be knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use and maintenance
of hand tools, power tools, user-moved aids, mechanical equipment
and measuring devices.
- Proficiency in customer service and interpersonal communication
skills in order to effectively interact with co-workers, residents,
vendors, and other business contacts. Respond courteously to
questions and requests, and stay calm when addressing and resolving
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate
effectively, act as first point of contact for internal team
members and external visitors to the Company, and answer questions
related to department operating policies.
- Demonstrated ability to apply principles of logical thinking to
define and correct problems.
- Literate with computer programs and word processing
software.Physical Requirements:This is a position which requires
the Service Technician frequent walking, standing and climbing of
stairs in/around homes, models and properties. Must also have the
ability to operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop,
reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. independently and 50
lbs. with assistance. Finger dexterity is necessary. Rare or
regular travel may be required to assist other properties as
needed, attend training classes, business meetings, or other
situations necessary for the accomplishment of some or all of the
daily responsibilities of this position. Associates must be able to
work inside and outside in all weather conditions (rain, snow,
heat, hail, wind, sleet).----Additional Requirements:
- Arrive to work on time.
- Follow directions from a supervisor.
- Interact well with co-workers.
- Understand and follow posted work rules and procedures.
- Accept constructive criticism.
- Associates must be able to work a flexible work schedule, which
includes ---on-call--- work shifts during evenings, weekends and
holidaysThis description outlines the basic responsibilities and
requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive
listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties,
responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or
without notice.#CB#SB Type Regular Full-Time
Keywords: LMC, A Lennar Company, Fremont , Service Technician, Professions , Fremont, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!