Company: EMCOR Group
Posted on: November 18, 2021
About Us:EMCOR Facilities Services (EFS), an EMCOR core
business, services over 1 billion square feet of space worldwide.
From corporate campuses to single sites, EFS provides a range of
services that support mission-critical areas of financial services,
manufacturing, pharmaceutical, transportation, and government
sectors.Job Title: Building EngineerJob Summary:Responsible for
Operation, Replacement, Repair and Maintenance of building related
mechanical, electrical, control systems, plumbing, air handling
units, pumps, heat exchangers, expansion joints, and other building
mechanical systems. Work involves the lifting of heavy mechanical
equipment and apparatus, and may be performed in areas of extreme
heat, cold, and/or noise. Receives and responds to service calls,
takes immediate action to resolve emergency situations or system
breakdowns. Ensure all preventive maintenance is completed and
necessary repair are always made. Ensures that work area/plant is
always clean, safe, and that managed/generated utilities meet
delivery specifications. Oversees assigned utility mechanics and
contractors, routine and preventive maintenance work to ensure work
is performed appropriately and in a safe manner. Communicates with
EMCOR and Customer operations management teams, tenants/utility
system end users, and Business Unit Stakeholders.Essential Duties
- Operation, replacement, repair, and maintenance of all related
mechanical, electrical, control systems, air handling units, pumps,
motors, heat exchangers, and expansion joints. Perform Preventive
Maintenance Work orders and On Demand Work Orders as assigned.
- The main duties of the position are as follows however
additional responsibilities may be assigned or changed.
- Preventive maintenance procedures; inspect and make sure
maintenance is being performed properly.
- Maintain the tool department; assets are in good condition and
accounted for. Inform supervisor of repairs or replacements needed.
Secure and bench stock and spare parts are available after
- Maintain water treatment program for all open and closed loop
systems and testing daily.
- Engineering areas, physical plant, fan rooms, shop, tool room
and storage rooms etc. are kept in clean and neat order.
- Knowledgeable in all areas of safety, including safety
equipment, lock out tag out and hazardous material procedures.
- Must have good customer service skills with staff, tenants,
vendors and owners.
- Be familiar with roof access to each building, water and gas
shutoffs, lighting controls, fire alarm stations, irrigation.
- bulb and ballast replacement
- Routine and preventive maintenance duties including filter
changes, lubrication, control and performance check. Replace
bearings, motors, and dampers
- Perform any additional duties on an as "required" basis where
such duties are within the scope of contractual obligations
- Communicates with EMCOR and Customer facility operations
management teams, tenants/utility system end users, and Business
- Operate, Monitor, Adjust, Maintain Building Automation
- Maintain CMMS system and Logbooks
- Oversee work performed by outside contractors on the
- Requisition necessary material to complete required
- HS Diploma or greater
- Ability to work an on-call rotation
- Minimum of five (5) years' experience in HVAC/facilities
- Experience with pharmaceutical lab systems and associated
equipment and controls
- Required Mechanical Trades or Trade School certification in
location applicable disciplines i.e. HVAC, Electrical, Hydraulics,
- Universal EPA Certification and/or certified or enrolled in an
HVAC program preferred
- Strong communication skills required
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English
- Journeyman level craftsman in HVAC, Electrical, Hydraulics,
Plumbing, or Automation/Controls disciplines
- Reads and interprets Piping & Instrument Drawings (P&IDs),
Floor Plans, Site Maps and/or Electrical Diagrams.
- Experience & proven ability to repair building electrical,
plumbing, & HVAC auxiliary systems
- Experience & proven ability to safely secure hydronic and
electrical systems for maintenance
- Experience & proven ability to Braze/Solder copper pie, thread
- Basic carpentry skills.
- Strong knowledge of operation of building auxiliary systems
i.e. fire-life safety, stand by emergency generators
- Familiarity of general building systems i.e. vertical lift
equipment, overhead doors.
- Ability to write, execute written and oral instructions and
perform arithmetic calculations.
- Strong knowledge of safe work practices and procedures typical
for maintenance operations
- Ability to safely wear a respirator, climb ladders, enter
confined spaces, lift heavy objects and perform other physically
- Safely and skillfully use all types of related hand and power
- Understanding and able to troubleshoot office building BMS and
operate and inspect Fire Life Safety systems
- Understanding and able to troubleshoot and maintain central
plant systems and supporting equipment
- Able to operate, monitor, adjust, and maintain Building
Automation Systems (BAS)
- Able to troubleshoot/maintain/repair plumbing, Mechanical,
minor electrical components/systems
- Able to read Piping & Instrument Drawings (P&IDs), Floor
Plans, Site Maps and/or Electrical Diagrams
- Great communication skills needed to interact with customer and
- Must be able physically perform all operations and maintenance
on site. Lift heavy objects, climb ladders, on feet for long
periods, work in the cold, heat, noisy, and confined space
environments.Work Location:4305 Cushing ParkwayFremont, CA 94538We
offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits
package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and
skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Keywords: EMCOR Group, Fremont , Building Engineer, Professions , Fremont, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!