Production Planner II
Company: Jabil Malaysia
Posted on: April 4, 2021
At Jabil,-- we empower the brands who empower the world --- it's
our reason for being and the guiding force that's driving us to
become the-- most technologically advanced manufacturing solutions
provider on the planet.-- --Whether we're serving one of the
world's biggest and best known brands or the coolest tech startups,
our resolve never wavers. We share common desires with these
brands: to make the world a better, safer and cleaner place.
Planners are responsible for developing and ensuring the execution
of an achievable two-week production schedule.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other
duties may be assigned.
- Schedule production activity in synch with MPS.
- Run planned orders in two-week buckets to detail what boards
are to be built.
- Ensure Prep-Parts can and is keeping up with the build
- Focus on minimizing changeovers and production schedule changes
while maintaining the integrity of the production board
- Run clean-to-starts, on-time production shipments, EPS
maintenance, purge, ECN, and deviation management, maintaining of a
- Meet daily with the Master Planner and manufacturing to assess
production schedules, (adjust as necessary, based on production
results), optimize run quantities, and minimize changeovers, to
achieve 100% on time delivery.
- At a minimum, run weekly clean-to-starts to determine any
existing material shortages that need to be expedited. Follow up
with appropriate Purchasing personnel to ensure commitments are
- Work with Manufacturing Line Manager(s), Purchasing, and
Inventory Control to recommend long term resolutions to shortages
due to lack of material control on the production floor.
- At a minimum, conduct readiness meetings on New Products as
well as revision changes five days prior to the build.
- Ensure that shipments made are routed to the correct
destination, as well as the creation and maintenance of Sales
Orders if that duty is placed on the Planner.
- Maintain Jabil packout module, EPS, or equivalent packout
- Manage the Deviation/ECN/Purge processes.
- Understand all product production flow.
- Maintain handbook on position by workcell.
- Continuous coordination and follow up with the workcell
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations
associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security
- At least two (2) years of experience required.
- Experience with PRODUCTION planning a must
- Experience with Electronic Component manufacturing considered a
- APICS Certification
- Inventory Control experience considered a strong plus
- Strong ability to function in a fast paced, fluid
- Proven ability to multitask and prioritize business needs as
required Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity
employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information,
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posted 30+ Days Ago Full time J2247385 About Us Accessibility
Accommodation If you are a qualified individual with a disability,
you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are
unable or limited in your ability to use or access
Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can
request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to
Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the
nature of your request and contact information. Please do not
direct any other general employment related questions to this
e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries
concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded
to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.
Keywords: Jabil Malaysia, Fremont , Production Planner II, Professions , Fremont, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!