Company: Sutter Health
Posted on: November 15, 2023
MPHS-Mills-Peninsula Medical Center
Competently performs routine and specialized computerized
tomography procedures to produce quality images to physicians and
other health care providers for the diagnosis, treatment,
monitoring and prevention of injury or disease. Works
independently, exercising sound judgment, and developed clinical
skills to execute safe and precise procedures to deliver accurate
results in a timely manner. Gains confidence and cooperation from
the patient, their family/support group, and other healthcare
providers through competent patient assessment, attentive
monitoring, and effective communication. Adheres to all
local/state/federal regulations, codes, policies and procedures to
ensure privacy and safety while delivering optimal patient care.
May also be responsible for performing specific procedures and/or
may help orient other staff to the department.
- Performs a variety of diagnostic computerized tomography
- Operates complex stationary and mobile diagnostic
- Ensures that routine and priority tasks are completed within
established departmental time frames.
- Prepares for and assists physicians in a variety of CT
diagnostic and/or guidance imaging during invasive procedures.
- Explains and educates the patient on the procedure, medications
or contrast media, and associated biological effects in a clear and
professional manner to alleviate fear and anxiety.
- Mentors and fosters a constructive environment that helps
students and new technologists build confidence in their skills,
knowledge and abilities.
- Performs general clerical tasks, such as answering phones;
updating patient appointments; retrieving, entering, revising
patient electronic health records (EHR); or updating the laboratory
information system (LIS) and radiology information systems
- Prepares and completes accurate documentation related to
patient, procedures (includes screening and written consent forms),
and exam charges
- Inventories and orders accessories and supply periodically to
maintain established stock levels.
- Implements protection devices and safety standards to minimize
radiation exposure (as low as reasonably achievable (ALARA to self,
staff and patients.
- Maintains a clean, neat, and safe working environment,
including cleaning and disinfecting equipment after each
- Inspects and calibrates equipment accordingly for proper
operation and records the quality control (QC) results, reporting
any malfunctions to the supervisor.
- Maintains strictest confidence of all patients protected health
information (PHI) and protects all PHI from accidental,
intentional, or inappropriate disclosure.
- Performs quality CT examinations in compliance with department
standards, policies, and procedures, as well as local, state and
federal regulatory agencies to deliver the highest level of patient
privacy and care.
- Prepares, administers, and documents medications and contrast
media in accordance with state and federal regulations.
- Retains certification and completes mandated continuing
education requirements to meet facility and regulatory agencies
accreditation and licensure requirements.
- Other: Graduation from an JRCERT accredited Radiologic
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE:
- CRT-Certified Radiologic Technologist
- BLS-Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider
- RHF-Radiology Fluoroscopy within 180 Days of hire if required
at the affiliate.
- 5 years recent relevant experience.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- General knowledge of diagnostic computerized tomography
principles, procedures, views, and equipment, including some
experience responding to traumas and various hospital
- Capable of performing routine CT examinations as well as a
basic understanding of human anatomy, physiology, pathology, and
- Possess written and verbal communications skills to explain
sensitive information clearly and professionally to diverse
audiences, including non-medical people.
- Well-developed time management and organizational skills,
including the ability to prioritize assignments and work within
standardized operating procedures and scientific methods to achieve
objectives and meet deadline.
- General knowledge of computer applications, such as Microsoft
Office Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook) and related information
systems (Radiology (RIS), laboratory (LIS), electronic health
records (EHR), EPIC, and picture archive and communication system
- Prioritize assignments and work within standardized policies,
procedures, and scientific methods to achieve objectives and meet
- Work independently, as well as be part of the team, including
accomplishing multiple tasks in an environment with
- Identify, evaluate and resolve standard problems by selecting
appropriate solutions from established options.
- Ensure the privacy of each patient's protected health
- Build collaborates relationships with peers and other
healthcare providers to achieve departmental and corporate
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS:
See required physical demands, mental components, visual activities
& working conditions at the following link: Job Requirements
Days of the Week:
Monday - Friday
Number of Openings:
Sutter Health is an equal opportunity employer
Pay Range is $64.08 to $80.09 / hour
The salary range for this role may vary above or below the posted
range as determined by location. This range has not been adjusted
for any specific geographic differential applicable by area where
the position may be filled. Compensation takes into account several
factors including but not limited to a candidate's experience,
education, skills, licensure and certifications, department equity,
training and organizational needs. Base pay is just one piece of
the total rewards program offered by Sutter Health. Eligible roles
also qualify for a comprehensive benefits package.
Schedule/Shift: Regular/ Days
Keywords: Sutter Health, Fremont , CT Technologist, Other , Fremont, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!