Material Handler/Shipping Operator III
Company: Apidel Technologies
Posted on: January 27, 2023
1. Will develop a basic knowledge and understanding of all product
containers, manufactured at the Carlsbad facility.
2. Have knowledge of domestic shipping of hazardous materials and
3. Review logistics paperwork, bill of ladings and interpret data
to identify and address abnormal conditions.
4. Understand procedures, spreadsheets and forms for activities
they are responsible for, and apply Versum' s and site-specific
5. Demonstrate ability to recognize immediate and potential safety
hazards and escalate to the proper supervisor. Participate in
safety audits/reviews and participate in developing solutions to
6. Demonstrate ability to apply directions from supervisor and show
initiative in a teamwork environment.
7. Be able to identify and escalate abnormal conditions as they
relate to safety and shipping functions.
8. Be an active team member in support of Basic Safety
9. Maintain manufacturing Kan Bans and monitor satellite warehouses
and docks for adherence to site required continuous Improvement and
10. Communicate with other departments, and personnel in a
professional and courteous manor.
11. Familiarity with material moving equipment, powered industrial
trucks (forklift), pallet jacks, power pallet jacks, drums dollies,
and flex to other areas as needed.
12. Ability to multitask while maintaining safe working environment
and meeting all quality requirements.
Years of Experience:
Preferred 1-3 years in shipping experience.
Type of Experience:
Knowledge of domestic shipping of hazardous materials and
High School or GED
Carlsbad Shipping Operator III will be required to achieve a basic
knowledge of all products manufactured at the facility.
The Shipping Operator III will also be required to have a basic
understanding of how equipment and chemicals will react in an
emergency. The expected response to those abnormal conditions
includes identification and the appropriate notification and
The Shipping Operator 3 will be required to achieve a basic
knowledge of Quality Management Systems and be able to communicate
effectively using written and verbal skills.
The primary responsibility of the Carlsbad Shipping Operator III is
to safely perform daily loading of shipments and packaging finished
goods with minimum supervision. Safely operating material handling
equipment while performing these tasks and identifying any unsafe
Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft productivity software
including word, Excel, and outlook, SAP functions experience
preferred. The Shipping operator III will have previously worked in
a successful team environment.
The Shipping Operator III will successfully complete and document
all mandatory EH&S Training and Versum new hire indoctrination
training. The Shipping Operator III must also possess a proven and
tested understanding of the Versum site PPE matrix and obtain an
introductory level knowledge in the areas of Life Safety
Keywords: Apidel Technologies, Fremont , Material Handler/Shipping Operator III, Other , Fremont, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!