SR Scientist/Scientist II, Protein Science
Company: Boehringer Ingelheim
Posted on: August 1, 2022
Description:Description\: -The Senior Scientist, Protein Science
leads in developing scalable downstream purification processes for
recombinant therapeutic proteins. The incumbent applies scientific
principles and process knowledge and expertise in downstream CMC
development to design, perform, analyze, and document complex
experiments, both independently and as a team leader. This role
independently interprets data and develops solutions to address
downstream challenges and deviations at GMP manufacturing.As an
employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to
the discovery, development, and delivery of our products to our
patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity
for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering
visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies'
success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie
with our people. We support our employees in several ways to foster
a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and
inclusion, mobility, networking, and work-life balance. Our
competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer
Ingelheim's high regard for our employees.Duties &
- Contributes to project strategy and planning and may lead a
small team in pursuit of the development/troubleshooting of
scalable purification processes for biologics.
- Leads comprehensive data analysis of process statistics
independently, identifies process deviations, prepares technical
reports, and proposes comprehensive process solutions and
- Participates in training and development opportunities to gain
an understanding of standards of practice, process science and
- Provides comprehensive training and guidance to more junior
- Develops technical solutions to downstream CMC problems
independently and proactively exchanges technical information with
team members within Process Science and with cross functional group
for troubleshooting and ongoing supports.
- Identifies, proposes, and executes process and procedural
changes to improve business process performance, process
performance, robustness, productivity, and efficiency.
- Leads in project planning and execution including evaluation of
equipment and implementation of appropriate modifications and staff
training to ensure employee safety.
- Schedules process equipment used in process science labs and
ensures equipment is maintained per preventative maintenance
- Works in close collaboration with scientists in internal
Process Sciences, Manufacturing, Quality Control, Technology &
Innovation Management, Business Development and provides
comprehensive development expertise in protein science area.
- Interacts with global internal and external partners as
SME.Requirements\: -Sr Scientist\:
- BS with 6+ years relevant industry experience and/or MS with 4+
years relevant industry experience and/or PhD with 2+ years
relevant industry experience
- Four plus (4+) years of hands-on experience in Process Science
biologics manufacturing environment required (column
chromatography, filtration, and UFDF)
- Two plus (2+) years' Experience in mechanistic modeling of
- Two plus (2+) years' Experience in late-stage purification
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot and challenge status quo process.
- Good documentation and presentation skills.
- Team player.
- Experience in DOE and process characterization.
- Experience in mechanistic modeling of preparative
- Experience in late-stage purification process development of
biologics.Requirements\:Scientist II\:BS with 4 to 6 years relevant
industry experienceMS with 2 to 4 years relevant industry
experiencePhD with 0-2 years relevant industry experience2 years
Working knowledge of AKTA systems and Unicorn programming2 yrs of
hands on experience in Process Science biologics manufacturing
environment requiredStrong communication and organization
skillsAbility to troubleshoot and challenge status quo process
-Good documentation and presentation skillsTeam player -Eligibility
Requirements\: - -
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without
- Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated
against -COVID-19 -or have an approved medical or religious
accommodation. Click - -for more information on the vaccine mandate
and -COVID-19.Who We Are\: -At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value
through innovation with one clear goal\: to improve the lives of
patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative
healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans
and animals. As a family-owned company, we focus on long term
performance.---We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who
nurture a diverse, collaborative, and inclusive culture.---Learning
and development for all employees is key because your growth is our
growth. -Want to learn more? - Visit - -and join us in our effort
to make more health.Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity
global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and
inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive
for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees,
patients, and communities. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to a person's actual or
perceived race, including natural hairstyles, hair texture and
protective hairstyles; color; creed; religion; national origin;
age; ancestry; citizenship status, marital status; gender, gender
identity or expression; sexual orientation, mental, physical or
intellectual disability, veteran status; pregnancy, childbirth or
related medical condition; genetic information (including the
refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other class or
characteristic protected by applicable law.
Keywords: Boehringer Ingelheim, Fremont , SR Scientist/Scientist II, Protein Science, Other , Fremont, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!