Mechanical Engineer, Operations (Fremont Facilities)
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Plant Engineering, Mechanical Engineer
* Operational engineering support to become the system expert for
mechanical systems at the facility. The mechanical systems and
equipment can include chillers, cooling towers, supply distribution
piping and pumps, air compressors and dryers, air-handlers, make-up
air units, VFDs, boilers, exhaust fans, heat exchangers, tanks,
process cooling water systems, etc.
* Project Manager or Project engineer for upgrade projects
* Facility systems capacity planning, including the creation of
system capacity and loading spreadsheets.
* Verifying that N+1 redundancy is maintained for critical
* Perform audits and studies of existing systems to determine
* Assist with condition assessments of existing mechanical
* Develop project justification packages for existing and new
mechanical systems. Should be able to justify new systems or
equipment using ROI, total cost of ownership, reliability,
performance, and energy efficiency calculations along with schedule
* Work closely with the Maintenance and Operations team,
troubleshooting and investigation when needed. Provide them with
engineering support as needed to resolve equipment or systems
* Create & modify maintenance and standard operating procedures
* Develop projects based on operational need and/or energy & cost
* Train facilities personnel on new system and proper
* Work closely with the Design team as required to provide
facilities planning and support for retrofits or expansions of
* Good communicator (verbal and written) who can maintain a
friendly and open disposition while working with other teams.
* Good at multitasking and to keeping project data organized and up
* Enforce safely and environmental health procedures.
* BS in Mechanical Engineering
* 4+ years of experience in a Facilities Operations
* Knowledge of mechanical engineering principles and systems
including chillers, cooling towers, supply distribution piping and
pumps, air compressors and dryers, air-handlers, make-up air units,
VFDs, boilers, exhaust fans, heat exchangers, tanks, process
cooling water systems.
* Vibration analysis and heat transfer knowledge is a benefit.
* Strong troubleshooting background and issue resolution
* Strong data and system analysis
* Strong teamwork and communication skills
* Intermediate project management skills
* Proven ability to work in a large, complex environment where you
must adapt to meet company needs
Keywords: Tesla, Fremont , Mechanical Engineer, Operations (Fremont Facilities), Other , Fremont, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!