Company: Balance Staffing.
Posted on: June 15, 2022
Balance Staffing is seeking to hire a JR Planner to support our
client, a full-service enclosure systems solution manufacturing
plant locating in Fremont, CA. This facility produces low-to-mid
volume New Product Introduction (NPI) runs to full-scale volume.
The Fremont facility offers everything from small piece parts to
fully integrated and tested systems. In addition, this location
offers in-house painting capabilities and flexible logistics
solutions in distribution, inventory management and hubbing, as
well as repair services. Job Purpose: The Production Planner is
responsible for production planning and coordinates production
workflow for multiple products while prioritizing operations to
ensure maximum performance and minimum delay. Will take a lead role
in continuous improvement, product flow and capacity improvement to
improve the overall efficiency of manufacturing.Job
Requirements:Nature of Duties/Responsibilities:
- Analyzes customer demand and optimize build plans for specific
products, keeping materials and resource requirements.
- Reviews new products/parts planning attributes and ensure they
are correctly set up.
- Reviews BOM structures and ensures that they align with
- Periodically reviews critical ERP planning attributes and keeps
- Review ECOs, prepare implementation plans, and actually
- Releases required work orders in a timely manner and promptly
closes them on completion after reconciling variances.
- Follows up on materials shortages and production flow thru the
plant to keep build plan on schedule.
- Plans and directs Production and Inventory Control for
Operations to ensure customer commits and Inventor objectives are
- Coordinates Operations planning process to ensure that there is
material and capacity available to support both Customer commits
- Directs the Inventory team to ensure that process controls are
in place that will allow accurate Cycle counting
- Coordinates the production team to ensure schedule and customer
deliveries are met.
- Works directly with Purchasing to insure purchased material is
available to meet the scheduled requirements
- Stays current with software development, provide on-site
technical expertise for the ERP system and write ad-hoc reports as
- Identifies software procedural improvements to the Operations
process to eliminate waste
- Relays relevant information to management regarding material
shortages, potential schedule interruptions, and possible equipment
maintenance that would affect a smooth and timely production
- Analyzes customer demand information, forecast, orders, labor,
and material availability and develop a flexible yet efficient
- Reviews part availability including quality approval prior to
- Manage the issuance of purchase orders as recommended by the
planning system or as requested by management.
- Manage PO approval process, PO revisions, supplier confirmation
and storage of all purchase orders on a secured and shared
- Manages supplier bidding process with the creation of RFQs
submission to suppliers and summary returned information as
requested by the Director of Manufacturing.
- Controls Supplier's compliance to on-time delivery, terms and
conditions, supply contracts and product specifications.
- Participates as needed in the Product Specification
creation/revision process and facilitates execution with
- Manage assigned products by maintaining or reducing costs of
product components, packaging, and finished goods Education and
- 2 years of related Materials Planner experience; preferably in
a contract manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Industrial Engineering
- Good understanding of critical ERP planning attributes.
- Hands-on experience in ECO planning and Implementation.
- Good working knowledge of Oracle or similar ERP software with
regards to planning.
- Intermediate or Advanced level of experience in Excel. Balance
Staffing is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are
committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race,
color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual
orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender
identity Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
federal or state law.
Keywords: Balance Staffing., Fremont , JR Planner, Other , Fremont, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!