Staff Scientist, Field Applications - Molecular Biology
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Job Title: Staff Scientist, Field Applications - Molecular
BiologyRequisition ID: 177859BRLocation: Santa Clara, CA
(Relocation benefits offered)About Thermo Fisher Scientific!Thermo
Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with
annual revenue exceeding $35 billion. Our Mission is to enable our
customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether
our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving
complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and
therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are
here to support them. Our global team of more than 90,000
colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative
technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services
through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific,
Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab
Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit .Division
Specific InformationThe Laboratory Products Division (LPD) unites
deep scientific expertise, collaborative culture and rich resources
to deliver the lab equipment and consumables that our customers
need to achieve their scientific goals quickly, reliably and
safely. Our smart lab solutions make it faster and easier for our
customers to focus on what matters most delivering answers and
innovations that save and improve lives.How you will make an
impact!The Staff Scientist will serve as a scientific expert in
techniques of molecular biology, including next-generation
sequencing, capillary electrophoresis, microarrays and PCR. As a
member of a team of Field Application Scientists, the candidate
will utilize their scientific expertise to develop strategies for
integrating Laboratory Plastic Essential portfolio (consumables,
software and instruments) into workflows based on various
applications in regulated and validated segments, provide
applications/technical support and training to customers. The
candidate will work with a multi-disciplinary cross-divisional
matrix team, for example, commercial representatives, product
management, R&D scientists, field application scientists and
marketing development managers.What you will do:
- Develop applications that utilize and demonstrate the benefits
of Laboratory Plastic Essential products in regulated and validated
- Conduct research to assess the use of supported products in
workflows utilizing techniques in molecular biology.
- Design experimental plans, analyze experimental data, perform
statistical analyses, generate laboratory protocols, and write
technical reports and product summaries.
- Present workflows by creating technical marketing materials,
including application notes, technical notes, peer-reviewed
publications and presenting data at scientific conferences and
- Lead and coach other team members on completing projects on
time and within budget.
- Provide field support to our sales organization by providing
customers with technical guidance (pre and post-sales
- Cross-train internal commercial and business teams on products
and applications as needed.
- Partner with other technical scientists across divisions to
create cross-divisional workflows.
- Stay current on scientific and industry trends and participate
in VOC to understand customer needs.
- Provide market sensing mechanism, identifying new opportunities
and highlighting gaps in the current portfolio.
- Interface with commercial, R&D, product management,
marketing teams, and cross-divisional peers.
- Support internal business and product development efforts
through feedback on the innovation pipeline.How will you get
here?Successful candidates will have research experience in
molecular biology techniques, specifically, PCR, capillary
electrophoresis, microarray, and NGS applications, including
hands-on experience with library construction, clonal
amplification, reagent formulation and use of the Thermo Scientific
instruments (Quant Studio, Genetic Analyzer, GeneTitan and Ion
Torrent instruments) is desirable.EDUCATIONPhD in molecular biology
with minimum of 3 years of experience in industry or MS in
molecular biology with 5 or more years of industry experience.
- Position may require Covid-19 vaccination and/or routine
testing, per client discretion.
- Requires a minimum of 3 years industry experience with methods
and techniques of molecular biology, including PCR, Sanger
Sequencing, NGS and/or microarray experience.
- Experience in planning and executing application projects to
support product strategy and sales.
- Experience in writing commercially focused scientific and
- Experience with conducting VOC, participating in new product
development programs, and representing customer needs.PREFERRED
- Minimum 3 years experience with automated liquid handling
expertise preferred, with experience including multiple vendor
- Authored peer-reviewed scientific publications related to
research in molecular biology is highly preferred.Knowledge,
- Demonstrated ability to identify and solve difficult
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills (English)
and the ability to interpret and summarize scientific results in a
clear, concise and accurate manner.
- Strong work ethic with a proven track record to work
independently and as a member of a cross-functional team in a
- Self-reliant, problem solver and results-oriented
- Demonstrates and drives the Thermo Fisher values Integrity,
Intensity, Involvement and Innovation (The Four Is)
- Able to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of
the time.Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action
Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally
protected statusby Jobble
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific, Fremont , Staff Scientist, Field Applications - Molecular Biology, Other , Fremont, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!