Manufacturing Associate - New Rates Starting at $21/h - All Shifts (Sunnyvale, CA)
Posted on: January 15, 2022
At Cepheid, we are passionate about improving health care
through fast, accurate diagnostic testing. Our mission drives us,
every moment of every day, as we develop scalable, groundbreaking
solutions to solve the world's most complex health challenges. Our
associates are involved in every stage of molecular diagnostics,
from ideation to development and delivery of testing advancements
that improve patient outcomes across a range of settings. As a
member of our team, you can make an immediate, measurable impact on
a global scale, within an environment that fosters career growth
Cepheid is proud to work alongside a community of six fellow
Danaher Diagnostics companies. Together, we're working at the pace
of change on diagnostic tools that address the world's biggest
health challenges, driven by knowing that behind every test there
is a patient waiting.
Learn about the Danaher Business System which makes everything
This position is part of Cepheid Diagnostics and will be located in
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
* Understand and adhere to safety policies and practices.
* Follow documentation procedure (filling out Data History Records
(DHRs), reading and understanding instructions from Work Release
(WR), Planned Deviation Report (PDR) or Non-Conformance Report
(NCR). Read and follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and
Manufacturing Work Instructions.
* Maintain dry room and cleanroom standards, practices, and
housekeeping according to standard operating procedures.
* Set up and operate manufacturing equipment. Monitor machines and
inform Supervisor and/or Lead of problems. Clean and maintain
equipment and work area as needed.
* Assist Senior Operators.
* Use tools such as microscopes, tweezers, and other hand-held
* Perform in-process inspection of components and assemblies to
verify quality conformance.
* Recognize any minor issues from the equipment and any affiliated
documentations and take appropriate corrective action within scope.
Notify Supervisors and Leads of issues and discrepancies
* Report causes of process and/or documentation and assist or
* Apply company policies and procedures to complete
* Conduct Shift PASSDOWN with peers.
* Start and end batch runs. Follow production schedules.
* Follow acceptance criteria for equipment yield and
* Email the Manufacturing Engineering group explaining any downtime
* Perform label printing responsibilities.
* Review DHRs.
* Prepare and verify materials to be used as issued to work
* Complete all assigned and required training satisfactorily and on
* For people managers, ensure your associates attend and complete
all required trainings satisfactorily and on time.
The essential requirements of the job include:
* Manufacturing or Production related experience.
* High School diploma/GED or equivalent experience.
* Preferably experience in clean room assembly or Manufacturing in
the medical device, pharmaceutical or biotech industry, OR
equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Experience in FDA or Kema audits.
* Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
* Must be able to stand for several hours. Work may involve
repetitive arm/wrist motions.
* Ability to work directly with, handle or have contact with
chemicals or reagents.
* Ability to read drawings.
* Understand Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and Good
Documentation Practice (GDP).
* Must be a team player and able to demonstrate the willingness and
the ability to provide assistance to co-workers.
* Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with peers,
supervisors, manufacturing engineers, stockroom managers and leads.
Ability to understand instructions and batch records written and
spoken in English.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to pay close attention to detail.
* Basic Computer Skills.
* Ability to solve basic math problems.
* Able to identify each station of the machinery.
Cepheid, a Danaher company, offers a broad array of comprehensive,
competitive benefit programs that add value to our lives. Whether
it's a health care program or paid time off, our programs
contribute to life beyond the job.
Check out our benefits at danaherbenefitsinfo.com
The statements in this description represent typical elements,
criteria and general work performed. They are not intended to be an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills for
As part of the Danaher family of companies, our work at Cepheid is
supported by a global science and technology innovator. In addition
to Danaher's unrivaled leadership training and professional
development programs, this relationship also provides expanded
career opportunities across industries and brands. Together, we are
united by a shared purpose: Helping Realize Life's Potential.
When you join us, you'll also be joining Danaher's global
organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to
help our customers win. As an associate, you'll try new things,
work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated
leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System
tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to
equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin,
religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status,
sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics
protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of
similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our
workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our
associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and
different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided
reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or
interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive
other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at
firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
If you've ever wondered what's within you, there's no better time
to find out.
Keywords: Danaher, Fremont , Manufacturing Associate - New Rates Starting at $21/h - All Shifts (Sunnyvale, CA), Other , Fremont, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!