Manufacturing Associate - New Rates Starting at $21/h - All Shifts (Sunnyvale, CA)
Posted on: January 11, 2022
At Cepheid, we are passionate about improving health care
through fast, accurate diagnostic testing. Our mission drives us,
every moment of every day, as we develop scalable, groundbreaking
solutions to solve the world s most complex health challenges. Our
associates are involved in every stage of molecular diagnostics,
from ideation to development and delivery of testing advancements
that improve patient outcomes across a range of settings. As a
member of our team, you can make an immediate, measurable impact on
a global scale, within an environment that fosters career growth
and development.Cepheid is proud to work alongside a community of
six fellow Danaher Diagnostics companies. Together, we re working
at the pace of change on diagnostic tools that address the world s
biggest health challenges, driven by knowing that behind every test
there is a patient waiting.Learn about the which makes everything
possible.This position is part of Cepheid Diagnostics and will be
located in Sunnyvale, CA.In this role, you will have the
- Understand and adhere to safety policies and practices.
- Follow documentation procedure (filling out Data History
Records (DHRs), reading and understanding instructions from Work
Release (WR), Planned Deviation Report (PDR) or Non-Conformance
Report (NCR). Read and follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
and Manufacturing Work Instructions.
- Maintain dry room and cleanroom standards, practices, and
housekeeping according to standard operating procedures.
- Set up and operate manufacturing equipment. Monitor machines
and inform Supervisor and/or Lead of problems. Clean and maintain
equipment and work area as needed.
- Assist Senior Operators.
- Use tools such as microscopes, tweezers, and other hand-held
- Perform in-process inspection of components and assemblies to
verify quality conformance.
- Recognize any minor issues from the equipment and any
affiliated documentations and take appropriate corrective action
within scope. Notify Supervisors and Leads of issues and
- Report causes of process and/or documentation and assist or
- Apply company policies and procedures to complete
- Conduct Shift PASSDOWN with peers.
- Start and end batch runs. Follow production schedules.
- Follow acceptance criteria for equipment yield and
- Email the Manufacturing Engineering group explaining any
- Perform label printing responsibilities.
- Review DHRs.
- Prepare and verify materials to be used as issued to work
- Complete all assigned and required training satisfactorily and
- For people managers, ensure your associates attend and complete
all required trainings satisfactorily and on time.The essential
requirements of the job include:
- Manufacturing or Production related experience.
- High School diploma/GED or equivalent experience.
- Preferably experience in clean room assembly or Manufacturing
in the medical device, pharmaceutical or biotech industry, OR
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in FDA or Kema audits.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for several hours. Work may involve
repetitive arm/wrist motions.
- Ability to work directly with, handle or have contact with
chemicals or reagents.
- Ability to read drawings.
- Understand Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and Good
Documentation Practice (GDP).
- Must be a team player and able to demonstrate the willingness
and the ability to provide assistance to co-workers.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with peers,
supervisors, manufacturing engineers, stockroom managers and leads.
Ability to understand instructions and batch records written and
spoken in English.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Basic Computer Skills.
- Ability to solve basic math problems.
- Able to identify each station of the machinery.Cepheid, a
Danaher company, offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive
benefit programs that add value to our lives. Whether it s a health
care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life
beyond the job.Check out our benefits at The statements in this
description represent typical elements, criteria and general work
performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and skills for this job.As part of the
Danaher family of companies, our work at Cepheid is supported by a
global science and technology innovator. In addition to Danaher s
unrivaled leadership training and professional development
programs, this relationship also provides expanded career
opportunities across industries and brands. Together, we are united
by a shared purpose: Helping Realize Life s Potential. When you
join us, you ll also be joining Danaher s global organization,
where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our
customers win. As an associate, you ll try new things, work hard,
and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all
with the support of powerful tools and the stability of a tested
organization.Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are
committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national
origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran
status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other
characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the
existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not,
found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we
serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique
and different perspectives as a result of these diverse
attributes.The EEO posters are available .We will ensure that
individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation
to participate in the job application or interview process, to
perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and
privileges of employment. Please contact us at to request
accommodation.If you ve ever wondered what s within you, there s no
better time to find out. Associated topics: biochemistry,
bioengineering, biology, biophysics, bioprocess, fermentation,
msat, pain, parenteral, pharmaceutical
Keywords: Cepheid, Fremont , Manufacturing Associate - New Rates Starting at $21/h - All Shifts (Sunnyvale, CA), Other , Fremont, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!