Registration Clerk - ED Registration - Full Time 8 hr - Evenings Variable
Company: Washington Hospital Healthcare System
Posted on: January 9, 2022
$27.94 - 34.76
Under the direction of the Admitting Manager, the Registration
Clerk is responsible for gathering, completing, identifying and
screening all patients for information related to an admission or
registration. In doing so, the Registration Clerk coordinates with
hospital personnel to maximize pre-registration of patient data and
referring appropriate information to the Financial Counselor for
follow-up. The Registration Clerk correctly identifies insurance
data in the HIS system to ensure proper billing information is
documented. The Registration Clerk gathers all government mandated
statistical information via screening forms and specific data
fields within the HIS system. Collects necessary deposits and/or
co-payment at the time of, or before the patient is registered.
Gathers all necessary signatures of all required forms and
interacts in a professional and courteous manner with staff members
and the public at large.
In addition to performing the essential functions listed below, the
Registration Clerk may also be assigned other duties as
* High School diploma or equivalent.
* Completion of college level medical terminology course,
* Recent experience, must include six (6) months to one (1) year
minimum in the job experience necessary in order to acquire
familiarity with admission/registration procedures and record
keeping requirements, required.
Skills & Abilities Requirements
* Understanding of insurance coverage and medical terminology for
accurate recording of patient medical and financial information,
* Good verbal and written communication skills.
* Able to exercise appropriate decision in determining follow-up
* Work effectively under changing work assignments throughout
* Able to remain calm in situations involving emergencies,
hostility, or heavy workload.
* Demonstrated the ability to work independently as well as
function effectively in a team environment.
* Typing speed of 25 WPM, required.
* Minimum of 2-3 years experience with Windows Operating System and
Windows based programs, required.
* Internet skills, preferred.
Keywords: Washington Hospital Healthcare System, Fremont , Registration Clerk - ED Registration - Full Time 8 hr - Evenings Variable, Other , Fremont, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!