Manufacturing Associate, Downstream, Day Shift, Wed-Sat
Company: Boehringer Ingelheim
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Executes routine unit operations in Downstream manufacturing as
assigned related to the manufacturing of bulk drug substance in a
multi-product facility. Performs duties under limited supervision
and according to standard operating and manufacturing
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively
contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our
products to our patients and customers. Our global presence
provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate
internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly
contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength
and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our
employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working
environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility,
networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and
benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our
Duties & Responsibilities\:
- Executes, with oversight of qualified staff, complex unit
operations including but not limited to chromatography operations,
tangential flow filtration, various filtration methods, and process
- Executes independently with adequate training fundamental
- CIP/SIP of tanks, transfer lines, and process equipment.
- Buffer preparation and transfer into tanks and
- Performs In process testing for samples e.g. spectrophotometry,
pH, conductivity, and maintenance of analytical equipment.
- This may include parts cleaning and weigh and dispense.
- Performs internal support duties including stocking
consumables/materials, updating controlled SOP binders,
appropriately discarding expired reagents, recognizing and
reporting process and equipment anomalies.
- Documents work according to cGMP and cGDP.
- Adheres to established regulations and follows cGMP established
- Reports abnormalities and deviations in a timely and accurate
- Adheres to safety standards and identifies unsafe situations /
habits and escalates appropriately.
- Maintains production areas according to predefined standards
- Maintains own training within compliance and trains other
technicians and associates on operations upon completion of trainer
- Contributes to Quality activities as investigations and area
- High school degree plus minimum one (1) year work experience in
GMP regulated industry
- Associates/Bachelor--s degree from an accredited institution or
biotechnology vocational training preferred.
- One (1) or more years of experience in cGMP regulated
- Ability to concentrate on detail oriented work in a complex
technical setup with a Quality and Right the first time
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with computer-based systems and ideally
experience with process control systems (e.g. Delta V) and
manufacturing execution systems (MES).
- Ability to read and understand SOPs and work instructions and
document work in a written format applying cGMP standards.
- Ability to work as part of a high performing team and
collaborate effectively with staff.
- Basic knowledge of fundamental manufacturing concepts is
preferred. Does not require extensive technical knowledge of
- Working in a highly regulated environment following all
applicable BI and BI Fremont SOPs, OCPs and BGSs for cGMP, EHS and
- Required to work according to given schedules in a 24/7 shift
structure and flexibility to adapt working schedule upon prior
given notice. Eligibility Requirements\:
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without
- Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if
- Must be 18 years of age or older Who We Are\:
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one
clear goal\: to improve the lives of patients. We develop
breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas
of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family
owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by
50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and
inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is
key because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in
our effort to make more health.
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who
takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We
embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive
environment, which benefits our employees, patients and
communities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to a person--s actual or perceived
race, including natural hairstyles, hair texture and protective
hairstyles; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry;
citizenship status, marital status; gender, gender identity or
expression; sexual orientation, mental, physical or intellectual
disability, veteran status; pregnancy, childbirth or related
medical condition; genetic information (including the refusal to
submit to genetic testing) or any other class or characteristic
protected by applicable law.
Keywords: Boehringer Ingelheim, Fremont , Manufacturing Associate, Downstream, Day Shift, Wed-Sat, Other , Fremont, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!