Posted on: November 17, 2021
Company: US0050 Sysco San Francisco, Inc.Zip Code:94538Minimum
Level of Education:High School or EquivalentEmployment Type:Full
TimeTravel Percentage: JOB SUMMARYFacilitate the efficient and
timely delivery of customer orders through the use of Roadnet
software packages and associated utilities in the generation of the
best possible route solutions. In addition, a router is responsible
for creating routes that adhere to hours of service and weight laws
- Routing of all legitimate customer orders in the most efficient
way possible for multiple shipping facilities while under constant
time and accuracy constraints while adhering to established
procedures, protocols, and customer commitments
- Plans routes. This includes integrating new customers into
existing routes, determining where new routes and shuttle yards are
needed and planning for necessary route adjustments due to
- Analyzes existing routes for opportunities to reduced, miles,
delivery days and hours to improve cost control and consistency of
- Performs standard route maintenance to capture these
- Schedules drivers on a daily and or weekly basis to remain
within overtime guidelines and hours of service laws and
regulations including adjustments for volume and holidays.
- Also, maintain and provide accurate daily loading and door
information for the warehouse department
- Plans and prepares meetings and presentations for sales
management and the executive staff to communicate proposed service
areas and expense control opportunities
- Ensures compliance with Department of Transportation (DOT) and
other applicable regulations.
- Maintains Roadnet system
- Prepares reports for sales and management.
- Creates proposals for transportation management to improve
efficiency, customer service, and safety.QUALIFICATIONSEducation
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- College degree preferred.Professional Skills
- Computer Skills: MS Office (Excel).
- Analytical/Mathematical Skills.
- Accuracy, reliability and the ability to multi-task in a
- Can add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and
divide with 10's and 100's.
- Ability to perform these operations using units of American
money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Able to prepare reports and business correspondence.
- Effectively communicate information and respond to questions
from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general
- Professional Skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge of spreadsheets and word processing
software and the ability to learn Sysco software and programs.
- Working knowledge of Federal Motor Carrier Safety
Regulations.NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe
the general nature of the environment and the level of work being
performed by this job. This job description in no way states or
implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only
tasks to be performed by the associate in this job. The associate
will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform
any other job-related duties requested by his or her
supervisor.Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties
and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will
be reviewed and is subject to changes of business
necessity.BENEFITS INFORMATION:In the coming weeks, you will
receive information in the mail confirming your benefits
eligibility and the enrollment process. In the meantime, you may
visit to learn more.HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATESCOVID-19
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
OVERVIEW:Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution.
With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles,
Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide
and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.We offer our
associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally,
to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to
serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We re
looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team.
Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of
food and service.AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:Applicants must be
currently authorized to work in the United States.We are proud to
be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and
consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed,
religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other
protected factor under federal, state or local law.This opportunity
is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and
affiliates. Associated topics: answer, call, call center, client,
customer care, customer service, help desk, service representative,
telephone, telephone activation specialist
Keywords: SYSCO, Fremont , Router, Other , Fremont, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!