Posted on: November 16, 2021
Company: US1224 Newport Meat Northern California, Inc.Zip
Code:94539Minimum Level of Education:Associate s DegreeMinimum
Years of Experience:2 YearsEmployment Type:Full TimeTravel
Percentage: 0JOB SUMMARYThis operating company (OpCo) based
position will assist with the implementation of prevention-focused
health, safety, and environmental (HSE) and security programs. The
position will assist and promote OpCo-specific project
implementation and training to support Sysco s overall HSE
objectives, including security and crisis preparedness
- Complete new hire orientation training programs as assigned by
the safety director.
- Maintain records for safety programs (ie training logs,
- Implement and train new or existing training programs, provided
by safety director, to employees and supervision as needed.
- Inspect facilities to detect existing or potentially unsafe
- Participates in investigations on vehicle accidents and
- Assist with the identification of root causes and helps
supervision develop corrective actions when needed.
- Engages associates to properly follow work methods in their
daily job functions.
- Completes observations and coaching of high-risk associates as
- Monitors inspection of equipment to detect existing or
potential failures and recommends corrective/preventative measures
- Support site management in the implementation of health,
safety, and environmental (HSE) plans.
- Promotes a workplace that is a proactive safety culture.
- Provide supervisor and management training on root cause
- Interface with regulatory bodies (OSHA, DOT, EPA, and
State/Local Regulators) in the safety director's absence.
- Assists with the completion of a company-wide annual HSE
- Promote zero-incident HSE culture throughout the company.
- Support execution of Sysco s emergency preparedness plan
procedures and policies.
- Maintains associate relations through regular interactions and
communication, monitors associate morale and provides feedback to
leadership when needed.QUALIFICATIONSEducation
- Associate s degree and/or a minimum of 2 years of safety
experience with OSHA certifications.Experience
- 2+ years with direct hands-on safety experience in a
warehousing, manufacturing or transportation operation.
- 2+ years of experience with occupational safety
preferred.Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
- Has attained or is working toward certification in safety as a
recognized safety professional.
- Must possess a valid Driver s License.Professional Skills
- Strong interest in safety with a proven record of results.
- The ability to drive a strong safety philosophy and implement
constructive behavior changes in operations safety.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management,
supervision, and employees.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal communication, written
communication, and presentation skills.
- Leadership and team-building skills.
- Able to influence decision-makers.
- Demonstrated knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing
software, and the ability to learn Sysco technology software and
- Effectively using time and resources to accomplish overall
initiatives and program goals.
- Analyze and independently solve a variety of difficult
situations and problems.
- Successfully demonstrate leadership framework
- Develop effective interdepartmental relationships.
- Demonstrate professional maturity and ability to act as a
change member.Physical DemandThe physical demands described here
are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and
fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to
talk and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20
pounds.Work EnvironmentThe work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions of this job.
- This position will be performed at the assigned operating
- Must be able to do limited travel to Sysco facilities or
- The noise level in the work environment is usually
moderate.NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the
general nature of the environment and the level of work being
performed by this job. This job description in no way states or
implies that these are the only tasks to be performed by the
employee in this job. He or she will be required to follow any
other instructions and to perform any other job-related duties
requested by his or her supervisor.BENEFITS INFORMATION:Candidates
who start work in the months of May, June, July, August and
September 2021 may be eligible for medical and prescription drug
plan coverage effective on their date of hire*. Standard
eligibility rules and timelines apply to all other Sysco benefits,
including additional healthcare benefits options, retirement
benefits, vacation, and paid sick leave. Please visit to view
additional benefits information. *Exceptions/exclusions may
applyHOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATESCOVID-19 Precaution(s):
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
OVERVIEW:Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution.
With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles,
Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide
and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.We offer our
associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally,
to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to
serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We re
looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team.
Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of
food and service.AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:Applicants must be
currently authorized to work in the United States.We are proud to
be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and
consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed,
religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other
protected factor under federal, state or local law.This opportunity
is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and
affiliates. Associated topics: climate, environment, gauge,
healthy, inspector, physician, risk, safe, waste, water
Keywords: SYSCO, Fremont , Safety Specialist, Other , Fremont, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!