Leading the future in luxury electric and
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury
electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend
the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence.
Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the
future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by
returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every
decision we make is in service of the individual and environment.
Because when you are longer bound by convention, you are free to
define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the
industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a
community for innovators who want to make an immediate and
significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more
sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Notice regarding COVID-19 Vaccination for positions
located in Newark, California
At Lucid (the “Company”), we prioritize the health and
wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else.
In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased
transmissibility with recent variants, all Lucid Employees whose
employment is based in Newark, current and future, must be fully
vaccinated and provide proof thereof as a condition of continued or
future employment with the Company.
Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be
We currently seek senior level Functional Safety Engineers -
This position requires experienced professionals with hands-on
experience in functional safety engineering in the context
of ISO 26262 at an OEM or Tier 1 with particular
focus on Part 5 – Product Development at the Hardware Level.
Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches
his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be
expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to
possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection
within a fast-paced environment.
- Drive the development of functional safety system requirements
and technical safety requirements towards hardware design
- Actively contribute to the definition and/or confirmation of
the system architecture of one or more functional domains in the
vehicle (powertrain, high voltage etc.) from the perspective of the
functional safety engineer.
- Define methods and practice the construction of hardware
architectural metrics for internally developed hardware
- Analyze hardware with respect to diagnostic coverage and
minimizing the risk of random hardware failure leading to safety
- Work closely with internal teams to support FMEDA reviews and
to define technical hardware solutions to decrease the risk of
- Help implement and master functional safety hardware processes
and tools to ensure Lucid Motors’ vehicle provides world-class
- Work in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment
- Knowledge of vehicle embedded systems and functions such as
torque demand, motor control, warnings/alerts, or similar
- Deep knowledge of automotive systems and hardware development
process and the V-Model system development, verification and
- An intimate knowledge of ISO 26262 and
experience developing and delivering the major work products of a
functional safety program
- Experience supporting external/third-party reviews of
functional safety work products.
- A strong attention to detail and desire to create the very best
- A collaborative approach to working closely with development
- Understanding of the product safety responsibility
share between supplier and OEM
- Experience with functional safety tools (e.g. Medini, APIS IQ)
and requirements management tools (e.g. Jama)
- Excellent writing, verbal and organization skills
Great to Have
- Experience with electric propulsion systems, body controls or
high voltage systems including relevant controls preferred but not
- Experience working in an Agile development environment and
using related tools
- Appreciation of CMMI and Automotive Spice and their role in
delivering a quality product
- Experience developing and delivering embedded system hardware
- Advanced degrees preferred
- BS minimum in an engineering discipline such as computer
science, electrical or mechanical engineering
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience as a functional safety
engineer or related role
At Lucid, we don’t just
welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an
equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless
of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and
expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected
under applicable State or Federal laws and
To all recruitment
agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency
resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or
other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for
any fees related to unsolicited resumes.