Posted on: June 12, 2021
The Tesla Design team is looking for an outstanding User
Experience/Service Designer for our fulfillment experiences. The
UX/Service Designer will be responsible for researching, designing,
innovating, and prototyping new user experiences that pave the way
for the future of energy & vehicles in a way that has never been
done before. Our digital experiences and the way consumers,
businesses and municipalities transition to EVs and sustainable
energy will be transformative.
The Digital Experience Team focuses on the infrastructure and tools
that empower global sales; both consumer and fleet, ordering,
delivery and checkout. The candidate will be responsible for
internal customer journeys and products, immediately after
configuring/ordering a vehicle through delivery day. They will
collaborate with delivery operations, product owners, designers,
engineers and project managers and will be a key contributor and
originator in their own right.Deliverables include design mockups,
experience flows, prototyping, design presentations, production of
visual assets, process design and development, and follow up for
Candidates should possess exceptional design skills, creative
problem-solving, a great sense of aesthetics, as well as
user-centered and service design principals. The applicant must
have an affinity for minimal design, typography, and attention to
the smallest of details. A strong ability to distill complex
problems into simple, elegant solutions is key to success at Tesla.
We are a fast-paced company with an entrepreneurial spirit, so the
majority of the work will be focused on innovating original and
creative content and application, as well as final deliverables and
solutions that work in the real world.
You will be working on the most advanced vehicle and energy
solutions in existence today and tomorrow.
- Research and define UX strategy for enterprise segments and
different customer types building upon and scalingTesla OS.
- Imagine, conceive of, manage, and drive UX/service design
projects from system assessment, problem definition to concept to
- Develop creative and innovative design solutionsfor internal
tools and native mobile app experiences that support multiple types
of users in different types of roles with varying scope and
- Create and influence decisions that help implement a design
language that is consistent throughout all internal tools and
external customer facing experiences.
- Identifies areas of opportunity and finds creative solutions
that distinguish Tesla OS experiences from competition and position
Tesla as the best sustainable energy company in the world
- Ownership of digital experiences for large company
- Constantly measure how designs are performing and iterate to
improve those experiences. Influences team roadmaps to include
experience improvements when the design or product is not
performing or needs improvement.
- Invest in building relationships and trust with stakeholders,
peers and working groups. Build a strong network across Tesla,
- Determines best UX solutions based on customer feedback and
business goals and helps to determine overall direction,
identifying challenges and adapting as needed based on the context
of the solution and customer.
- Foster the defining and sharing of UX design patterns and
standards, artifact reuse and consistency across team members.
Contribute to the advocacy and adoption of the Tesla Design System
- Set an example and create opportunities to foster collaborative
cross-discipline dynamics. Drive UX team delivery excellence for
enterprise design at Tesla, furthering internal and external UX and
- 3-5 years of work experience advocating for, creating and
building and world-class experiences for mobile, web, TV or other
digital devices. Knowledge of global design best practices and
working for international companies a plus.
- An excellent portfolio showcasing UI/UX and visual design work
with a strong design sensibility and articulate storytelling.
Evidence of exceptional design ability is a must.
- Must be proficient and highly skilled in Photoshop,
Illustrator, Sketch and other design tools
- Ability to prototype in Adobe XD, Flinto, Framer or other
- Understanding of front-end web and mobile technologies such as
CSS/HTML and general understanding of back end technologies that
are required to build out experiences. Partnering well with
technology is a must.
- Ability to perform in a fast paced, high stress iterative
design process under minimal supervision
- Customer-focused, with experience using design research methods
to uncover customer insights. Are able to take those insights and
define the desired customer outcomes.
- Evidence of solving large scale problems for customers.Ability
to take complex concepts and simplify them for the customer in the
form or elegant enterprise experiences.
- Excellent command of user experience, service design, design
principles, problem-framing skills, and beautiful visual design
- Outstanding written and verbal communication
skills.Strongability to communicate design concept ideas through
sketches, prototypes and wireframes. Experienced and comfortable
with presenting work to executives and large groups.Strong ability
to communicate complicated concepts and bring clarity to
stakeholders and team members.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently but also
collaborative and driven by group critique.Proven track record as
an expert in design who can collaborate well with other
- Bachelors or masters degree in the study of design including
one of the following; Design, Web Design, Interaction Design, UI/UX
Design, Service Design, Information Architecture, HCI, Human
Factors, or a portfolio that shows equivalent project
Keywords: Tesla, Fremont , UX/Service Designer, Other , Fremont, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!