Quality Process Engineer/
Company: Tesla Motors
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Tesla is seeking an engineer to develop and implement quality
systems. This position will involve business process design,
implementation and project management to achieve quantifiable
improvements to the Tesla quality systems.
- Translate business process needs into software design
- Provide business context for the effort;
- Collaborate closely with the software development team to
define functional and timeline requirements of software tools;
- Prioritize multiple projects across all departments and systems
and provide status updates to stakeholders;
- Proactively identify improvement opportunities (potential gaps
between process and system) across all business functions,
developing tools that allow for visibility into process bottlenecks
- Manage user manual/ information on how to use the system;
- Perform training to various functions on new roll outs and
- Business point of contact for users for day to day queries and
- Monitor health of system and data quality;
- Collaborate with other sites/teams to drive towards common
solutions which will become Tesla's "best practices";
- Identify gaps in quality system specific their factory.
- Where best practices exist: implement.
- Where best practices do not exist: develop, document and
- Participate in internal auditing to monitor progress towards
- Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering, other related
engineering background or evidence of exceptional experience in
related fields: business process analysis, process & procedural
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a manufacturing or quality
- Understanding of software and database design in order to work
closely with a development team to translate business needs into
- Preferred: Knowledge of quality system industry standards
including ISO 9001, IATF 16949 and AIAG.
- Preferred: certification in Lean Six Sigma
- Preferred: Data mining and database (e.g. MySQL)
- Preferred: Data visualization experience (Tableau
Besides tangible skills, this position will also require the
- Have high attention to details.
- Be a team player and have the ability to collaborate well
across diverse functional groups
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to manage and
communicate the health and integrity of the data and systems.
Keywords: Tesla Motors, Fremont , Quality Process Engineer/, Other , Fremont, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!