Company: II-VI Incorporated
Posted on: June 12, 2021
JOB TITLE: Mechanical Engineer- Ion Implantation Equipment
Responsible for the Bill of Materials for all mechanical and
hardware during ion implanter disk refurbishment. Manages flow of
parts to final assembly area. Provides procedures and support to
assembly and test technicians.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Drives the design & development of 2nd source ion implant disk
parts used during disk refurbishment.
- Develops improvements to OEM mechanical designs to help
differentiate Core from the OEM.
- Manages parts inventory to assure just in time parts arrival at
- Makes cost models of all individual parts and parts assemblies
- Works with marketing & sales to ensure order confirmation and
job package instructions are the same.
- Makes sure all the travelers and documentation collected during
refurbishment goes into the completed job package.
- Prepares & signs off the Certificate of Compliance.
- High mechanical aptitude required.
- Knowledge of ion implant hardware and technology strongly
- Thorough understanding of machine shop practices & costing
- Can work with CAD/CAM modeling & drawings.
- Understands clean room procedures & protocols.
- Working knowledge of WIP and enterprise tracking systems.
- Able to prioritize tasks and complete projects and day-to-day
- Ability to work with all levels of management including shop
floor technicians & other departments.
- Leadership by assigning tasks and assisting developing
employees meet their objective by resolving issues and problems in
coordination with the Production Manager.
- BS/MS in Mechanical Engineering.
- Semiconductor industry experience/specifically ion implantation
- Machine shop experience.
II-VI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race,
color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran
status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: II-VI Incorporated, Fremont , Mechanical Engineer, Other , Fremont, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!