Company: E Ink
Posted on: June 12, 2021
E Ink California is seeking an experienced Polymer Scientist to
join the Materials R&D group. As part of an innovative research
team, this candidate will bring novel polymer formulation and
material science expertise to contribute to new coating materials
research and product development in the field of electrophoretic
- Design, develop, and prepare novel coating formulations at lab
scales. Source polymers and other materials with desired
properties, formulate, and optimize compounding process to provide
desired functions and meet product specifications.
- Investigate and explore new ideas, demonstrate
proof-of-concept, create new intellectual property.
- Execute fundamental mechanism studies on structure-property
relationships. Correlate polymer and formulation properties to
coating qualities and final EPD performance, identify parameters
that are critical to function, and improve EPD performance based on
polymer formulation design.
- Establish quality control test methods for raw materials,
formulations, and final coatings. Analyses can include, and are not
limited to, tests on physical, mechanical, chemical, adhesive, and
electrical properties. Develop in-process and final product related
specifications on the polymer formulation and coating.
- Work with pilot engineers to co-optimize the formulation and
process, introduce new coating formulations to new product
- Transfer coating formulation and process to manufacturing
facilities through effective communication, documentation, and
- Provide technical lead in manufacturing troubleshooting,
analyzing product failure to identify root causes, and developing
- Effectively communicate with all levels of the organization and
promote and contribute to a cohesive team working culture.
Participate in cross-functional teams in technology and product
- PhD in Polymer Science, Chemical Engineering, Materials
Science, or related field, with at least five years industry
- Demonstrable experience in new product development and
technology transfer, capable of executing and completing complex
- Hands-on experience in polymer formulations (UV curable
materials, water-borne coatings, adhesive coatings, etc.), with
in-depth understanding of structure-property relationships of
- Strong analytical skills and familiarity with statistical
analysis, DOE, and root cause analysis. Demonstrated skills in
solving complex product/process issues.
- Experience in troubleshooting, using data driven approaches to
problem solving, and an ability to work under pressure.
- Solid background and knowledge on roll-to-roll coating
formulations, interfacial chemistry, and surface chemistry.
- Enthusiastic and motivated collaborator. Goal-oriented and able
to handle multiple tasks. Excellent communicator. Creative problem
solver, innovative, and committed to continuous learning.
Keywords: E Ink, Fremont , Polymer Scientist, Other , Fremont, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!