Manufacturing Equipment Engineer - Plastics
Company: Tesla Motors
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Manufacturing Equipment Engineer
We are looking for a talented and highly motivated individual to
join the Plastics Manufacturing Engineering Team. This engineer
will be the subject matter expert equipment issues encompassing
electrical/PLC, robotics, mechanical, welding, machining,
hydraulics/pneumatics, conveyor systems, etc. A successful
candidate will be proactive in improvement projects, multitasking,
and refocusing to meet constantly shifting demands in a fast-paced
environment. This person will demonstrate leadership to drive the
completion of cross-functional collaboration projects on or ahead
- Diagnose equipment failures, finds root causes, and communicate
actions taken to the rest of the team.
- Become an expert level trainer on all machines in assigned
areas, and be responsible for up leveling shift technicians.
- Create, implement and improve project management documents and
- Day to day coverage of production line equipment: quickly
respond to alarms, breakdowns, and production requests to minimize
- Perform major equipment repairs and rebuilds, (some weekends
and holidays required).
- Participate in spare part analysis and inventory development,
cost reduction and improvement.
- Investigate and implement countermeasures to prevent repetitive
- Develop business cases for improvement projects and equipment
- Bachelor's degree in electrical, mechatronics, or mechanical
engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 1-2+ years of engineering experience.
- Proficiency in CATIA V5 or similar 3D CAD software (Solidworks,
ProE, Unigraphics, etc).
- Basic understanding of GD&T as well as weld symbols.
- Experience with rapid prototyping in small to medium volume
- Knowledge of relevant manufacturing processes, engineering
materials, and fastening methods.
- Familiarity with designing any or all of the following: mobile
& stationary material handling equipment, towed dollies, racks,
stands, lift-assists, and end-of-arm tools.
- Familiarity with industrial robots (Kuka, Fanuc, etc.) and
controls systems (Siemens, Rockwell, etc.)
Keywords: Tesla Motors, Fremont , Manufacturing Equipment Engineer - Plastics, Other , Fremont, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!