Lead Equipment Maintenance Technician - Seat Assembly
Company: Tesla Motors
Posted on: June 10, 2021
As a Tesla Lead Maintenance Technician, you will play a crucial
role in ensuring the operational availability of a wide array of
manufacturing equipment.You will apply your technical skills to
install, maintain and repair mechanical and electrical systems,
factory automation and robotics. You will work with the highest
caliber process and equipment engineering teams to improve
equipment reliability and minimize or eliminate downtime.Tesla's
Equipment Maintenance is also the first-responding problem solvers
who manage machine breakdown recoveries to keep production running.
This is a physically demanding job working in tight spaces,
requiring walking and standing all day, as well as, bending,
squatting, kneeling, climbing ladders and lying on the ground
intermittently throughout the day. In addition, the technician may
wear a fall protection harness while working from heights or from a
suspended position. Maintenance Technicians will lift up to 50 lbs.
and utilize other hand tools and power tools as needed.
- Perform Preventative Maintenance (PM) on all industrial
production and mechatronics equipment
- Diagnose equipment failures - root cause and communicate
required actions across relevant teams.
- Perform major equipment repairs, rebuilds and
- Collaborate with Process and Equipment Engineering teams to
improve equipment reliability and maintenance protocols
- Perform Corrective Maintenance (repairs) on more than one of
these types of equipment:
- Electrical systems ranging from 24 VDC to 480 VAC 3 phase
- Mechanical systems
- Conveyor Systems
- PLC and networks (Allen Bradley)
- Robotics (Fanuc)
- Order parts, supplies, and equipment from catalogues and
suppliers, or obtain them from storerooms
- Log all work as performed
- Perform other tasks as instructed by management.
- One (1) or more years of experience working in a maintenance
capacity repairing machinery and/or have equivalent relevant
- Verbal and written communication skills (able to understand and
record maintenance procedures, shift pass downs, etc.).
- Ability to read and interpret basic assembly instructions
- Basic computer skills (able to use basic PC applications to
report issues and provide inputs)
- Basic mechanical and electrical knowledge (understand typical
mechanisms and wiring associated with equipment)
- Math skills (able to read and use measuring equipment). Basic
skill with volt meter to check AC/DC voltage, read continuity
checks and expected known voltages
- Follow all aspects of maintenance safety protocol (LOTO, 5S,
Arc Flash, etc.).
- Ability to work off-shifts, as needed
- As a full time Tesla employee, you will receive full benefits
from day 1 for you and your dependents.
- Kaiser and UnitedHealthcare PPO and HSA plans (including
- 3 medical plan choices with $0 paycheck contribution
- Vision & dental plans (including orthodontic coverage)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term
- 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial
- Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time Off, and Paid
- Back-up childcare and employee discounts
Keywords: Tesla Motors, Fremont , Lead Equipment Maintenance Technician - Seat Assembly, Other , Fremont, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!