Audio Visual Field Support Engineer
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Avidex, a top 5 AV Integrator, is hiring! We're searching for a
Field Support Engineer to strengthen our Service Engineering team
as they deliver innovative AV solutions to business and
institutions across the West coast. You'll be integral to our
company's success, as we enable organizations to collaborate and
create state-of-the-art audiovisual and unified communication
technologies that enhance the way people work, learn and live.
Key responsibilities include troubleshooting, defining,
escalating, and resolving audio, video and control system problems
for our support clients.
Daily tasks may include:
- Performing systematic and high-quality diagnostic
troubleshooting, repair or adjustment to integrated AV
- Adjusting, configure and troubleshoot video and
audio-conferencing systems, as well as DSPs and audio systems;
- Retrieving and loading control system code and troubleshooting
- Repairing connectors, cables and other systems;
- Providing client support by performing the role of OnSite
Support Technician when required.
- Conducting training classes for entry-level AV Service
Engineers using internal and industry training materials.
Skills and experience you'll need:
- Associate Degree or equivalent experience;
- 4+ years of experience providing technical AV/IT and/or field
engineering support. Audio engineering or live sound/production
engineering experience highly desirable;
- Must attain AVIXA CTS, and CompTIA A+ or equivalent within one
year of starting the position;
- Intermediate computer skills including proficiency using
Windows and Apple software;
- Ability and technical knowledge to set up and color balance
- Intermediate proficiency loading, testing and editing control
code and graphical user interface files with some remote assistance
from AV equipment manufacturers;
- Intermediate experience with Python, HTML, C#Pro and/or similar
- Intermediate experience with digital communication protocols
such as IP, RS232, RS485 and all forms of USB;
- Intermediate experience setting up and adjusting common audio
and video equipment, and audio-conferencing systems;
- Intermediate proficiency using software, hand tools and test
equipment of the AV and IT trades;
- Good verbal and written communication, attention to detail,
customer service and organization skills;
- Innovation and passion;
- Ability to multitask, learn quickly, self- motivate, and be a
- Accountability, emotional intelligence and integrity.
Top candidates will have:
- Bachelor's Degree;
- Experience with Arduino or other micro-controllers.
Company benefits include:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- Generous paid time off
- Friendly office environment
If you have a strong background in electronics, computers, audio
engineering and/or AV industry best practices, we need your skills.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected
Keywords: Avidex, Fremont , Audio Visual Field Support Engineer, Other , Fremont, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!