Supervisor, Production - Powertrain
Company: Tesla Motors
Posted on: June 10, 2021
The Production Supervisor is responsible for clearly
communicating the Safety, People, Quality, Rate and Cost goals and
expectations of the department to the team, coach & mentor the
production associates, motivate the team to reach higher and solve
problems to achieve the business objectives. The ideal candidate
will not accept status quo and constantly look for ways to
eliminate waste and drive continuous improvement of processes and
procedures. He/she must have a strong background in manufacturing
with the ability to work cross functionally with engineering,
quality, maintenance and management on a wide variety of issues and
corrective actions identified. Strong interpersonal, communication,
problem solving skills are an absolute requirement to establish
effective working relationships within Tesla.
The successful candidate for this position is hands-on, a
dynamic people leader who embraces change, passionate about
manufacturing, has strong analytical abilities, organization
skills, attention to detail and decision making ability in an
ambiguous environment. He/she appreciates an environment where
superior work is encouraged, noticed and rewarded.
- Manage up to 45-50 Production Associates, ensuring daily goals
- Create a culture of safety and 5S, identify/remove safety
hazards and implement corrective actions to address safety
- Monitor the process SPCs, FPY rates and NCM, work with the
cross functional team to understand the root cause, address quality
issues and reduce scrap.
- Achieve the daily production goal by monitoring the performance
of the line/team, identify bottlenecks and make adjustments to
resolve any issues with urgency.
- Set goals, develop, coach and mentor the team members to help
them reach their career goals and achieve the organizational
- Manage schedules, time, attendance and performance management
- Train associates to manufacturing Instructions and work with
process engineering, quality and production to improve
- Support issue resolution including root cause analysis &
corrective action tracking.
- Ensure quality standards are being met throughout the entire
production process and supports no defects from leaving a station
or team area.
- Drive continuous improvement to optimize processes and
eliminate waste to achieve the performance metric targets.
- 3-5 years' experience working in a manufacturing environment,
as a people leader
- Experience or knowledge of world class production systems.
- Thorough knowledge and experience with a variety of
manufacturing processes, lean manufacturing and continuous
- Experience managing teams of people in a production
- Experience in new product development and launch
- Experience with broad variety of measurement and inspection
- Ability to work with and develop production performance metrics
(efficiency, quality, safety, throughput, costs)
- Strong analytic problem solving skills.
- Able to work well under pressure while managing competing
demands and tight deadlines.
- Remain engaged, proactive and positive in tough circumstances,
owning assignments and taking full accountability for their
- Experience in hiring and developing new team members in a
- Work efficiently and productively in independent and team
- Communicate clearly using excellent written and verbal
- Strong organization skills with meticulous attention to
- Fluent with common MS office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
Keywords: Tesla Motors, Fremont , Supervisor, Production - Powertrain, Other , Fremont, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!