Production Supervisor (Swing Shift)
Company: Jabil Circuit
Posted on: June 9, 2021
At Jabil, we empower the brands who empower the world - it's our
reason for being and the guiding force that's driving us to become
the most technologically advanced manufacturing solutions provider
on the planet. Whether we're serving one of the world's biggest and
best known brands or the coolest tech startups, our resolve never
wavers. We share common desires with these brands: to make the
world a better, safer and cleaner place.
Directs the activities of the Machine Support group. Responsible
for maintaining production schedules and ensuring that quality
standards are adhered to by the group.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Recruitment and Retention:
- Recruit, interview and hire Process Engineers, Industrial
Techs, WAVE Techs, and Machine Support Techs
- Communicate criteria to recruiters for Process Engineers,
Industrial Techs, WAVE Techs, and Machine Support Techs
- Coach machine support department staff in the
- Monitor team member turnover; identify key factors that can be
improved; make improvements.
Employee and Team Development:
- Identify individual and team strengths and development needs on
an ongoing basis.
- Create and/or validate training curriculum in area of
- Coach and mentor tooling department staff to deliver excellence
to every internal and external customer.
- Create and manage succession plans for the machine shop
- Establish clear measurable goals and objectives by which to
determine individual and team results (i.e. operational metrics,
results against project timelines, training documentation,
attendance records, knowledge of operational roles and
responsibilities, personal development goals).
- Solicit ongoing feedback from Workcell Manager (WCM), Business
Unit Manager (BUM), peers and team member on the PE team member's
contribution to the workcell. Provide ongoing coaching and
counseling to team member based on feedback.
- Express pride in staff and encourage them to feel good about
- Perform team member evaluations professionally and on
- Drive individuals and the team to continuously improve in key
operational metrics and the achievement of the organizational
- Coordinate activities of large teams and keep them focused in
times of crises.
- Ensure recognition and rewards are managed fairly and
consistently in area of responsibility.
- Provide communication forum for the exchange of ideas and
information with the department.
- Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an
appropriate business style.
- Ask questions; encourage input from team members.
- Assess communication style of individual team members and adapt
own communication style accordingly.
TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees the maintenance management program including repair
parts, preventative maintenance, feeder maintenance, and the
support equipment maintenance program
- Plans the activities of the technical staff
- Develops and maintains all department reports/records
- Supervises the planning and execution of line moves and
- Schedules equipment vendors for installation, repair and
updates of equipment
- Assure that procedures and work instructions are efficient and
- Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and
implement new practices and processes that are "best in
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet,
and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and
effectively; making customer issues a priority.
- Lead by example; "walk the talk."
- Utilize Jabil's Advanced Engineering group to ensure useful
support to Jabil South.
- Establish new measurement systems if/where possible.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations
associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
Comply with all procedures within the company security
Bachelor's degree in Engineering preferred; and three years
experience in maintenance management; or equivalent combination of
education and experience. Hands-on experience and knowledge of
Surface Mount Technologies (SMT) and Thru-hole equipment/gear,
process optimization, Statistical Process Control, Design for
Manufacturability, Design for Test, Demand Flow Technology (line
balancing), and Design of Experiment methodologies. Knowledge of
engineering disciplines including chemistry, mechanical,
electrical, and industrial as it pertains to surface mount and
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity
employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information,
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Jabil Circuit, Fremont , Production Supervisor (Swing Shift), Other , Fremont, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!