Associate Manufacturing Equipment Engineer, EOL
Company: Tesla Motors
Posted on: June 9, 2021
The successful Manufacturing Equipment Engineer candidate will
become the subject matter expert of the equipment assigned to them
encompassing Electrical/PLC, Robotics, Mechanical, Welding,
Machining, Hydraulics/Pneumatics, Conveyor systems, etc. We are
looking for a talented and highly motivated individual to join the
EOL (End of Line) Equipment Engineering Team. This team is
responsible for supporting the production of Model 3 equipment
needs, including: designing new equipment for upcoming model
changes, process improvement, Preventative Maintenance
documentation, Repair Procedures, and day to day performance of
equipment. Successful members of the team will be highly proactive
and self-sufficient in pursuing improvement projects, will be able
to multitask and refocus efforts immediately to meet constantly
shifting demands in a fast-paced environment, and have exceptional
leadership ability to drive cross functional collaboration projects
to completion on or ahead of schedule.
- Diagnoses equipment failures, finds root cause, and
communicates actions taken to the rest of the team.
- Become Expert Level Trainer on all machines in assigned area
and be responsible for the level of knowledge of Shift
- Takes initiative to create, implement and improve PM documents
and schedules, under the direction of the Maintenance
- Day to day coverage of production line equipment: respond to
alarms, breakdowns, and Production requests quickly and efficiently
to minimize downtime.
- Perform major equipment repairs and rebuilds, (some weekends
and holidays required).
- Participate in spare part analysis and inventory development,
cost reduction and improvement
- Work with Process and Equipment engineering and other cross
functional groups to resolve maintenance issues, improve equipment
reliability, review procedures, and minimize equipment
- Investigate and implement countermeasures to prevent repetitive
- Design and Implement Equipment Reliability Improvement
- Develop business cases for improvement projects and equipment
- Bachelor of Science or higher in mechanical engineering or
similar field of study.
- Work efficiently and productively both independently and in
- Communicate clearly using excellent written and verbal
- Demonstrate talent for conceiving efficient design solutions to
complex engineering challenges.
- Proficiency in CATIA V5, or similar 3D CAD software
(Solidworks, ProE, Unigraphics, etc).
- Basic understanding of GD&T as well as weld symbols.
- Experience with rapid prototyping and small to medium volume
- Knowledge of relevant manufacturing processes and a variety of
engineering materials, fastening methods,
- Familiarity with designing any or all of the following: mobile
& stationary material handling equipment, towed dollies, racks,
stands, lift-assists, and end-of-arm tools.
- 2+ years of experience performing similar work (Automotive
industry experience preferred)
- Familiarity with industrial robots and controls systems.
- Willing to perform shift work(nights) and overtime as
Keywords: Tesla Motors, Fremont , Associate Manufacturing Equipment Engineer, EOL, Other , Fremont, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!