Associate Manufacturing Technician - Biotech (Pleasanton, CA)
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Associate Manufacturing Technician - Biotech (Pleasanton,
Full Time, Temporary Assignment for 1 year (can possibly
Possible shifts available:
Day shift - Pay Rate: $19.00/hour
Sunday to Wednesday & Wednesday to Saturday,
5:00 am- 3:30 pm
Monday to Friday, 5:30 am - 2:00 pm
Swing shift - Pay Rate: $20.90/hour
Sunday to Wednesday & Wednesday to
Saturday, 3:45 pm- 2:15 am
Monday to Friday, 2:30 pm - 10:30
Essential Functions: Manufacture Oligonucleotides/Custom Primers
for use in the biotech industry by following established protocols
- Operate semi-automated and automated basic lab equipment.
- Regularly evaluate non-routine test results and either fail the
product or allow it to continue through the production cycle.
- Highly repetitive tasks for prolonged periods of time.
- Understand scientific principles in order to problem solve,
troubleshoot test results, evaluate alternative choices and
exercise independent judgment in selecting the best solution.
- Provide multiple decision options and corresponding logic/data
behind the decisions.
- Proactively identifies production problems.
- Provides feedback and contributes ideas and suggestions to new
and/or improved lab techniques, protocols, processes, special
handling of the product and equipment.
- Balance multiple tasks.
- Demonstrate knowledge in the use of basic lab techniques and
basic computer knowledge.
- Demonstrate the ability to meet standards as defined by the
- Thoroughly and accurately complete documentation completes BR,
get necessary verifications, document problems, bring deviations to
the attention of the Leads/Supervisors.
- Continuously strive to improve output goals.
- Demonstrate good time management resulting in efficiency.
- Support cost improvement initiatives by reducing failures,
improving capacity and using supplies wisely.
- Reduce work in process, queues and cycle times. Inform
appropriate people about problems/questions; be prepared to discuss
- Work in a safe manner.
- Work with team members to overcome obstacles.
- Collaborate, support and consult with other team members as
- Give and receive constructive feedback.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required
- Nature and Scope Position: occupies a significant role in
mainstream oligonucleotide production. Ability to exercise judgment
within generally defined practices and policies in selecting
methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- 1 year of lab experience required may be obtained through work
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others in a team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and willingness to
cross-train in multiple areas within the manufacturing work
- Degree preferred but willing to consider candidates with
- Strong computer skills including familiarity with relevant
software Excel and Word are required.
- Works in a team-based laboratory environment.
- Is required to lift up to 20 lbs.
- May be required to stand for long periods of time while
- Must be able to work safely with chemicals and hazardous
- Must be able to work outside of regular work hours.
- The above position will require you to work a flexible shift
Why Kelly ?
Kelly Science & Clinical is your connection to premier
scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people
just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream
jobs that fit their skills and interests-it's the way we think job
searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters
have a professional background/education in science, so we know a
thing or two about the science market and how to get you
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising
job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential.
In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional
workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and
tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work
and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits
?). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do
best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of
workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a
diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities,
females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual
orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is
Keywords: Kelly, Fremont , Associate Manufacturing Technician - Biotech (Pleasanton, CA), Other , Fremont, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!