Nextracker - Sales Analyst
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Please click here to be redirected to the internal career
Founded in 2013, NEXTracker operates as an independent
subsidiary of Flex, a leading Sketch-to-Scale solutions company
that designs and builds intelligent products for a connected world.
Delivering smart PV and storage solutions on close to 400 solar
power plants across five continents, with nine global offices,
NEXTracker is an established leader in the ground mount solar and
storage industries, having earned the #1 market share leadership
position for solar trackers world-wide for two consecutive years
(Greentech Media, IHS Markit, 2016 & 2017).
NEXTracker designs and manufactures industry-leading solar and
storage systems that dramatically improve and scale the economics
of renewable energy. Applications and customers range from behind
the meter solar farms with Fortune 500 companies like PepsiCo and
L'Oreal to massive utility-scale power plants across domestic and
international markets, and a portfolio of energy storage solutions.
Join a market leader that values our talent, service excellence and
innovation as core to our business growth and culture. With one of
the most experienced management teams in solar, category-leading
products, and a fortified technology roadmap, NEXTracker is making
a dramatic impact on the power plant of the future.
The Sales Engineer will be based in Fremont, CA. The purpose of
this position is to facilitate technical discussions with
prospective clients and drive design decisions for successful
project handoff to operations. The role requires interdisciplinary
collaboration with Product Management, R&D, Sales, Supply
Chain, Applications, Quality and Project Engineering, and ODMs.
This position will be responsible supporting the sales team
beginning to end during the sales cycle and assisting the
configuration of existing energy storage products to meet customer
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Relentless drive to win
- Passionate customer focus
- Incredible attention to detail
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Knowledge of engineering economics and optimization
- Aptitude for and knowledge of project engineering, procurement,
and construction processes and procedures.
Here is some of what you'll need (required):
- 8 years' experience related to developing proposals for utility
scale power systems.
- 5+ years of experience in technical sales support.
- Experience with the deployment of grid-tied equipment such as
PV, Energy Storage, Transformers, or Co-generation, Solar Trackers
and Solar Power Plant Optimizing Software.
- Expertise regarding power applications and their related
- Deep knowledge of Stationary Storage Applications.
- Experience working with electrical schematics.
- Understanding of industrial communication protocols such as
- Provide realistic timeline and setting customer expectation by
evaluating blueprints, plans, and estimating product cost and
- Self-motivated, independent, technical aptitude and excellent
- Comfortable in a dynamic atmosphere with a rapidly expanding
customer base and product offering.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to communicate
professionally verbally, in writing and with presentations.
- Proven ability to solve complex problems.
- Understanding of customer demand, market trend, and
- Optimizing Value Chain Positioning.
- Understanding international pricing strategies and developing
- Understanding of commercial and financial aspects of the Solar
- Experience working with customer on a technical and commercial
- Advance Excel skillset and experience using pivot tables,
Vlookup and IF/THEN formulas.
- Minimum of three years of experience using salesforce.com and
NetSuite CRM/reporting features.
- Here is a glimpse of what you'll do:
- Respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs.
- Perform generation analysis and system optimization with solar
- Develop and help maintain quoting tools to be used by the
global sales team.
- Develop customer-facing product documentation and
- Identify opportunities for products such as but not limited to
TrueCapture Software, NX Flow Energy Storage System and Solar
Tracker improvements and financial value engineering.
- Work on assignments requiring considerable judgment and
initiative. Understand implications of work and make
recommendations for solutions.
- Analyze and suggest most common use cases for product
- Identify when NEXTracker product changes are required and
define requirements and timeline.
- Drive cross-function training with global sales team on the
changes and updates to our products, including: TrueCapture
Software, Tracker Design and Storage Systems.
- Present new product requirements to Product Management &
Marketing teams based on customer demand.
- Drive business processes to ensure scalable, accurate product
configuration across NEXTracker's global sales pipeline, including
but not limited to TrueCapture Software, Tracker Design and Energy
- Travel to customer sites, suppliers and 3rd party testing
facilities, as needed.
- Manage and maintain CRM Tools including Salesforce and
- Initiate and own quality assurance process on all TrueCapture
software financial modeling and quotes before being sent to
- Collaborate with NEXTracker's internal departments including
but not limited to: Procurement, Logistics, Planning, Project
Engineering, Operations and Asset Management; to understand and
account for all project impacting costs.
- Understanding of technical specifications, drawings, tender
documents, reparation/development of cost estimates, written
proposals and sales presentations of both a technical & commercial
- Manage the bid & proposal queue and prepare responses in a
timely manner. Work with the commercial leads to prioritize
proposals during times of high-volume.
- Provide technical support to the sales team during client
meetings & engagements.
- Work collaboratively as a key technical member of the global
commercial team to meet sales goals, identify new opportunities and
grow the business.
Here are a few examples of what you'll get for the great work
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers
Sales - Marketing - Account Mgmt
Is Sponsorship Available?
Flex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters,
recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an
Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are
based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not
discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on:
age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status,
sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability,
pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex
provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with
a disability may participate in the selection process. Please
advise us of any accommodations you request to express interest in
a position by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state your
request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable
accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position
within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will
contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to
the required skills required for this position. Thank you for
considering a career with Flex.
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to
us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include
your contact details; information provided in online
questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and
information you provide such as CV/Resume. Your details will be
provided to the entity you are applying for a job with. We will use
your information for legitimate business purposes such as
responding to comments or queries or answering questions;
progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to
share web content with others or; where you represent one of our
customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship
with that customer or supplier. We will process your data in
accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
If you have any queries about the processing of your data,
Global Data Privacy Officer:
Email Address: email@example.com
Keywords: Flex, Fremont , Nextracker - Sales Analyst, Other , Fremont, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!