*Scientist II, Manufacturing Sciences (Pleasanton, CA)*
*Pay Rate: $32/hr*
*Day Shift: M-F, 8-5*
How you will make an impact?
The Pleasanton manufacturing sciences group is seeking for an
experienced and highly motivated Scientist to work with a team in
developing manufacturing processes for DNA/RNA/modified
oligonucleotides. The candidate will have a strong understanding of
nucleic acid chemistry, a broad understanding of instrumentation
required for manufacturing processes, strong writing skills, and
the ability to collaborate efficiently as part of a cross
functional team including manufacturing, R&D, Product Managers
and external partners.
What will you do?
* Work with team to investigate trends, performs statistical
analysis to analyze the trends, conduct root cause analysis,
provide recommendation and implement corrective action for
* Provide technical support to manufacturing department.
* Assist practical process improvement efforts that improve the
manufacturability of the product.
* Lead multiple projects and initiatives concurrently to meet
product as well as process release/transfer timelines.
* Collaborate with departments across the organization such as
suppliers, operations, logistics, QA, EHS, and R&D to resolve
technical issues and support products.
* Prepare and present written and oral reports to manager,
extended R&D teams, and senior leadership.
* Perform other responsibilities to support the needs of the
department, as assigned.
How will you get here?
* BA/BS Degree, 2+ years/ MS Degree, 1+ years of experience in
* Proven ability to organize and consistently run a smooth
cost-effective operation. Must have strong interpersonal skills
with the ability to communicate processes, timelines and schedules
clearly. Strong problem solving skills required.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office software applications
especially in Excel visual basic applications.
* Must be capable of multi-tasking and being flexible to meet
* Must be highly organized and have strong project management
* Maintain confidentiality of laboratory data and procedures
*Knowledge, Skills, Abilities*
* Broad experience with instruments that are used for
oligonucleotide manufacturing such as oligonucleotide synthesizers,
HPLC, MS, Spectrophotometer, PAGE, liquid handlers.
* Good reasoning, trouble-shooting skills and strong logical
Why Kelly? Kelly Science & Clinical is your connection to
premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented
people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals
with dream jobs that fit their skills and interestsits the way we
think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science
recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so
we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you
At Kelly, were always thinking about whats next and advising job
seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In
fact, were a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional
workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and
tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work
and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of
great people with great companies is what we do best, and our
employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill
levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a
diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities,
females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual
orientation, gender identity. [Equal Employment Opportunity is The