Optical Design Engineer
Company: II-VI Incorporated
Posted on: May 3, 2021
KEY JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
MS or Ph.D. in Electrical engineering / Physics with at least 4
years of relevant experience
We are looking for an enthusiastic go-getter type individual
that will lead the introduction of new high-end optical devices
based on coherent transmission. Candidates must have modeling,
design, receiver, and silicon photonics experience.
- Responsible for driving new high performance optical
sub-assembly design with scope design for manufacturing, high yield
and excellent reliability.
- Strong collaborative and communications skills are required for
interactions with customers, with the design, process, and
- Strong academic background and knowledge of optical
- Hands on knowledge of optical and electrical components
specifically related to receiver design.
- Experience with silicon photonics (design or test of SiP
- Primary responsibility is design and development of fiber optic
sub-assemblies, primarily 100 Gbit/s and higher with focus on
- Work closely with both internal and external suppliers to
develop the necessary active components (lasers, photodiodes, CMOS
photonics, ICs, etc.)
- Support the overall development of the product with respect to
mechanical, optical, RF design, and process development.
- Conduct static and dynamic opto-electronic measurements.
Specify the development/production test requirements
- Perform optical simulations supporting the selection of proper
components in the coupling process of fiber optic devices.
- Drive scalability projects to ensure new products can scale
- Identify and drive reliability, performance and yield
- Must be strong in problem solving with excellent communication
skills to interact with engineering staff, external vendors and
- Interface with internal customers, in both NPI and production
II-VI is an equal
opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion,
national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any
other characteristic protected by law.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: II-VI Incorporated, Fremont , Optical Design Engineer, Other , fremont, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!