Commissioning Project Manager, Cell Materials Manufacturing
Company: Tesla Motors
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Designing and building world-class Gigafactories, at record
speed, is key to enable Tesla to scale worldwide. We are looking
for a highly motivated Construction Project Manager to support the
Tesla Cell Materials Engineering team to work on a critical
challenge facing the world's energy transition - production of
battery cathode materials.
This task includes the development and scale-up of novel,
high-energy and low-cost cathode materials and the development of
first-of-a-kind processes that shorten the path from mine to cell.
You will be asked to own and drive the construction execution of
state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities as we scale up novel and
exciting processes at high speed. Your role will be critical, as
the success of these manufacturing processes is closely tied with
the success of the facility.
You will interface with organizations across Tesla -
Engineering, Production, Quality, Supply Chain, Production
Planning, Operations, and the Executive team - to drive the
completion of new manufacturing facilities, as well as providing
input in the planning and execution of future battery materials
manufacturing facilities. The ideal candidate will have a strong
background in engineering, construction, and program
You will lead construction projects from initial facility design
through procurement, construction, and commissioning. You will
communicate and present construction status, highlight schedule
risk, and develop recovery plans in the event of a project slip.
This role will be office-based primarily during the design and
planning phases and will transition to more field-based support
once construction is underway.
- Work with Cell Engineering, Factory Design, Procurement,
Project Controls, Commissioning, and other supporting functions to
drive the completion of state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities
at record speed.
- Develop a solid understanding of the manufacturing process and
how it drives requirements for the facility systems - use this
throughout the design, procurement, and construction phases to
propose strategies to improve schedule, reduce cost, and satisfy
- Review factory designs for constructability. Collaborate with
designers to develop an optimal factory solution for unique
- Create, maintain, communicate, and present construction
schedules for projects to the project team.
- Track construction status of projects and action items against
- Identify creative ways to overcome construction obstacles and
meet the schedule despite setbacks.
- Degree in Architecture, Engineering, or Construction
- At least X years of experience on large commercial or
industrial construction projects.
- Preferred industries: Chemical, Semiconductor, Mining,
- Demonstrated understanding of cost estimation, construction
quality, construction methods, equipment fabrication, and contract
- Ability to read, interpret, and manage changes to:
- Architectural and Finish plans & specifications
- Structural and Civil plans & specifications
- Mechanical, Electrical, and Process systems
- Experience with facility equipment procurement, GC
- Demonstrated experience creating, maintaining, and
communicatingschedules. Ability to identify issues and develop
corrective measures to resolve.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and communicate effectively
with engineers, executives, operators, and trades.
- Proven ability to operate under pressure while managing
multiple priorities simultaneously. Must be able to work in a
fast-paced environment, occasionally requiring extended hours and
getting your hands dirty.
Keywords: Tesla Motors, Fremont , Commissioning Project Manager, Cell Materials Manufacturing, Other , Fremont, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!