Tool Design Engineer
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Collaborate with Product Design, Simulation, and
ProcessEngineering, to establish High Pressure Die Casting tooling
requirements,creating fully detailed 3D CAD tooling design models
for die fabrication by toolingsuppliers.
- Develop the CAD design of new die cast tooling from concept
thru production, including split lines, slides, ejection, vent and
cooling system (e.g. waterlines in tool steel as well as internal
and external plumbing).
- Provide feedback to Product Design Engineers to achieve the
right balance between product performance and manufacturability
from a tooling perspective (e.g. draft angles, rib/boss geometry,
- Incorporate input from Flow and Thermal Simulation Engineers
into the die design.
- Capture feedback from Casting Process Engineers into new and
- Innovate new ideas to push the envelope of performance (cycle
time, yield, uptime) and minimize risk.
- Provide technical oversight of tooling suppliers.
- Assist in the development of tooling design and fabrication
schedules, then execute. accordingly.
- Manage parallel, rather than serial, product design, die
design, and die fabrication timelines.
- Mechanical Engineering degree.
- Mechanical design experience. Experience with aluminum High
Vacuum High Pressure thin wall structural die casting tool design
highly preferred, but other relevant tooling or mechanical design
experience can be considered.
- Strong to expert level 3D CAD skills, including advanced
surfacing and large assemblies.
- CATIA V5+ fluency preferred. If no CATIA experience, must be
able to learn and adopt it quickly as it will be the design package
Keywords: Tesla, Fremont , Tool Design Engineer, Other , fremont, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!