current global health crisis, the priority for Siemens Digital
is the health and well being of our entire community including
future employees, which may add time to our hiring processes.
appreciate your patience and invite you to visit our website to
more about how Siemens is responding to the pandemic.
Company: SISW - MG
Job Title: Software Development Engineer (High Performance
Computing, C++) - 205014
Job Location: USA - CA - Fremont
Job Category: R&D/Software Engineering
The Software Development Engineer required for the R&D team
to perform the following:
• Research, development and optimization of advanced
tools/systems for next generation and high performance of Calibre
• Conceptualize projects and functional specifications based on
feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
• Conduct experiments and analyze large data to measure and
improve performance of algorithms by incorporating accurate
• Design, develop and optimize software using scientific
• Interact with other teams such as marketing and customer
support to obtain information on functional requirements for new
• Interact with team leads and other engineers to obtain
information on project limitations and capabilities, performance
requirements and interfaces.
• Interact with QA to develop feature specific testing and
validation procedures to ensure quality of results
The successful candidate will possess the following combination
of education and experience
• BS/Master/Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or
• Must have 5+ years experiences in C++ on UNIX and/or LINUX
• Prior knowledge and experience of manipulation of large data
volume is required.
• Experience of developing software on GPU systems or High
Performance Computation systems is a plus.
• Previous experience in EDA, hierarchy management, and/or
semiconductor manufacturing software development is a plus.
• Must be able to demonstrate good analysis and problem solving
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work with other
engineers from different groups is required.
• Self-motivation, self-discipline, the ability to setup project
and personal goals, and work independently in a dynamic environment
are the key success factors for this position.
• Experience with developing high performance, multi-threaded
and distributed computing is preferred.
• Strong background in algorithms and data structures,
object-oriented design, mathematics, statistics and data analysis,
programming experience in C++ on UNIX and/or LINUX platforms with
experience developing large software systems is preferred.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics Corporation
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to their
race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status,
ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to
ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy,
genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender
identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection
status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable
discharge from military service, and other categories protected by
federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from
discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay
Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional
notices about their personal information. To learn more, click