Resident Programs Coordinator
Posted on: May 24, 2020
Job Description -Resident Program Coordinator Department:
ActivitiesFLSA Status: Non-exemptEEO Category: Service
WorkerReports to: Activity Director or Executive Director
Description of Position:In collaboration with the Executive
Director, this person provides for an ongoing program of activities
designed to meet, in accordance with the comprehensive assessment,
the interests and the physical, mental, and psychosocial well-being
of each resident.
Benefits offered Example:
- Paid time off
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance for full-time
- Retirement plan options 401k
- FT/PT and on-call shifts available
- Paid HCA Training--
- Free parking, meals, and a great team!
Responsibilities of the Resident Program Assistant:
- Help to provide a plan of activities appropriate to the needs
of the residents.
- Lead or Assist with group, social, religious, indoor and
outdoor activities, exercise, as well as assist with
- Oversight and assist of Transportation services.
- Opportunity for resident involvement in planning and
implementation of the activities program.
- Assist with creating activities such as arts, crafts, music,
drama, educational programs.
- Promotion of facility/community interaction.
- Help to prepare a monthly calendar of activities written in
large print and posted in a prominent location that is visible to
residents and visitors.
- Encourage resident participation in activities and document
outcomes when required.
- Review goals and progress notes.
- Assist with ordering or obtaining necessary equipment and
supplies and provide for their accessibility through organized
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Evidence of effective problem resolution skills.
- Assist with projection of monthly expenses.
- Assist with the volunteer program and oversight.
- Ability to set and achieve goals.
- Ability to be organized and efficient.
- Ability to train and motivate others.
- Ability and willingness to act as a role model in conduct and
- May drive company car to transport residents.
- Other tasks or duties as assigned by management/activity
- This job description represents an overview of the
responsibilities for the above-referenced position. It is not
intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An
employee should perform all duties assigned by his or her
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily.-- The requirements
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and
abilities required.-- Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
--Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or (GED); and one to three months
experience and or combination of training or education, direct
programming experience with older adults preferred.
- Special Licenses and other Special Requirements:
- Current state-specific driver's license required.
----Physical and Working Demands:
The physical demands described below are representative of those
that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.-- Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Standing, walking, sitting, use of hands or fingers to feel, reach
with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or
crawl, talk, vision or hear. Taste smell and the ability to lift up
to 25 lbs. Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or
vendors. Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to
ensure shift coverage. On call basis as needed maybe required from
time to time. Possible exposure to communicable diseases. Potential
injury from transferring, repositioning or lifting residents.
Exposure to latex. Possible exposure to blood-Bourne pathogens,
exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious or biological
hazards. May occasionally travel.
Keywords: Cogir, Fremont , Resident Programs Coordinator, Other , Fremont, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!