Children's Program Provider
Company: Abode Services
Posted on: March 26, 2020
Abode Services, one of the largest and effective nonprofits
working to end homelessness in the Bay Area, is seeking a
Children's Program Provider. This position will assist with the
facilitation of academic, social-emotional and developmental growth
for all children at Lorenzo Creek Apartments (Castro Valley) and
Sunrise Village Emergency Shelter (Fremont). The position center on
providing education and resources for homeless and formally
homeless families. Families served may include toddlers and/or
preschool age children, elementary, middle and high school
students. The position requires routine evening work and occasional
Benefits and Perks:
- $20-22 per hour
- 100% paid health benefits coverage for employees
- 30 Paid Time Off days/Holidays per year
- Voluntary benefits: FSA, EAP, Commuter Checks, Life Insurance,
Legal, and more
- Dynamic, mission-drive culture and supportive leadership. We
support you in supporting others.
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plans with Employer Match &
- Professional Development Trainings and Leadership Academy
How You Make an Impact:
- Provide weekly children's programming to residents of Lorenzo
Creek Apartments and Sunrise Village Emergency Shelter.
- Consistent collaboration with Service Coordinators and Shelter
Staff in development of individual service plans for each family
and programmatic feedback.
- Develop weekly plans and implement age appropriate curriculum
(lesson plan) to nurture and stimulate all domains of children's
- Plan and implement parent conferences to discuss children's
developmental progress, needs and interests.
- Ensure all children are enrolled in school, assisting, if
necessary, with the process.
- Maintain accurate, complete client files, agency records and
complete monthly reporting.
- Ability to work in two sites with culturally diverse families
and communities with an emphasis on delivering culturally sensitive
and appropriate services.
- Provide functional training and guidance to staff, interns, and
volunteers as assigned.
- Maintain up to date emergency forms, curriculum plans,
individual child development profile and other records as
- Complete reports of any symptoms of child abuse to supervisor
and/or child abuse hotline, mandated reporting laws apply.
- Provide referrals for further assessment/treatment services for
any developmental concerns, learning disabilities, behavior
problems, signs of early mental health challenges, school
readiness, exposure to domestic violence, drug and alcohol issues
in the family.
- Provide parent advocacy and parent engagement within the public
school system (enrollment, IEP, assessments, and other
- Administer developmental screenings, review for accuracy and
completeness (ASQ's, ASQ-SE & EPDS).
- Facilitate and/or supervise parenting classes, child enrichment
activities, and health education workshops.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor, which are
consistent with the position and in compliance with agency policies
- Ability to work independently with strong sense of focus,
task-oriented, nonjudgmental, and clear professional
How You Meet the Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree preferred (Social Work, Psychology,
Sociology, Human Services or Early Childhood Education).
- Early Child Development knowledge and experience (preferred 6
units in ECE) or assistant teacher permit or higher.
- Strong assessment and engagement skills with children and
- Ability to maintain accurate and confidential client/service
information and prepare internal and external reports as
- Excellent communication, organizational and time management
- Proven ability to work independently, effectively as an
individual and part of the team.
- Demonstrate initiative and capacity to respond effectively in
- Willingness to be flexible with work schedule must be able to
- Willingness to travel to various Children's Program sites
within the Bay Area.
- California Driver's License, reliable transportation, and
Notice: This description is to be used as a guide only. It does not
constitute a contract, commitment or promise of any kind. Abode
Services reserves the right to change, add, delete, upgrade or
downgrade the position as dictated by business necessity at anytime
with or without notice.
Abode Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free
Keywords: Abode Services, Fremont , Children's Program Provider, Other , Fremont, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!