Software Engineer/DevOps Engineer
Company: Sunrise Systems, Inc.
Location: Rancho Cordova
Posted on: January 16, 2019
Our client, a leading fortune company is looking for Software Engineer/DevOps Engineer. This is for an initial duration 6 Months contract position in Rancho Cordova, CA. Responsibilities:
- Design, document, develop and implement examples, standards, and policies for managing/utilizing the CI/CD system.
- Work alongside and train Development and QA teams to accelerate their adoption of CI/CD best-practices and provide development application support for their releases.
- Lead efforts to improve the existing CI/CD system. Review existing automation, identify opportunities to improve overall productivity and investigate tools that might speed up or add efficiency to the build/deploy/release processes.
- Create new workflows/configure JIRA for specific project needs.
- Create new Confluence projects, set permissions for specific project needs.
- Administer and write code to operate and integrate build, deploy, and release management tools. E.G. using Groovy scripts.
- Troubleshoot build, packaging, and component management issues.
- Provide Support for the development, build and release of REST API's.
- Monitor the build and continuous integration process to ensure correct build execution and facilitate resolution of build/release failures.
- Ensure the operational readiness of the CI/CD systems to have an up time of 99.99%. Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years' experience as a build/release, automation, or systems/software engineer.
- Demonstrated proficiency/experience administering/upgrading a continuous integration tech stack (e.g. Jenkins, Maven, Artifactory, Atlassian Bitbucket(Git), SonarQube, Atlassian FishEye/Crucible, Chef).
- Demonstrated proficiency/experience administering/upgrading supporting Atlassian Jira and Confluence.
- Good understanding of JIRA workflows, permissions schemes, notification schemes, screen schemes, etc.
- Familiarity with QA and test automation software is a plus (e.g. JBehave)
- Knowledge of implementation and use of configuration management/deployment software solutions (e.g. Chef or Ansible).
- Proficient with Linux, Java, Scripting languages like Groovy, Ruby or Python.
- Working knowledge and development of REST API's.
- Ability to write and debug code/scripts/DSL.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills, must be able to communicate ideas clearly, and in a professional manner. Demonstrated ability to communicate and influence at all levels.
- Exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills in order to communicate to peers, management, and technical staff. Qualified candidates please send your word format updated resume at the earliest to . Thank You. - provided by Dice CI/CD system,automation,REST API's,Linux, Java, Jenkins, Maven, Artifactory, Atlassian Bitbucket(Git), SonarQube, Atlassian FishEye/Crucible, Chef
Keywords: Sunrise Systems, Inc., Fremont , Software Engineer/DevOps Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Rancho Cordova, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!