ADAS Test Specialist
Posted on: November 16, 2023
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to accelerate our
vehicle-level testing for all current and future Autopilot features
on the path to full self-driving. The ADAS Test Specialist is a
very hands-on position, working closely with Test Engineers and
Technicians to identify improvements and regressions across
software iterations. A strong candidate will be objectively focused
when making judgements, highly organized with great attention to
detail, and a self-starter with focus on confidentiality. This role
requires flexibility of traveling to domestic and international
destinations as necessary, to test vehicles on public roads and
proving grounds. The position is based in Fremont, CA.
- Conduct vehicle-level testing of the Autopilot system.
- Design test specs and create judgement criteria using tools
such as XRAY.
- Study and familiarize with the latest Autopilot functionalities
and potential prototype unreleased features.
- Execute real-world testing according to internal test
specifications, as well as providing ad-hoc support for
specifically requested scenarios.
- Analyze data, triage software issues and abnormal vehicle
behaviors using Tesla in-house designed proprietary software
- Communicate with engineers and be on-call for
questions/comments if necessary.
- Maintain and document test vehicle condition, coordinate
repairs/retrofits as necessary.
- Support any other vehicle engineering testing as needed.
- Maintain confidentiality with respect to prototype hardware and
software, unreleased vehicle programs, and any Tesla internal
- Clean driving record and safe driving habits.
- Comfortable with repetitive limit handling vehicle
- Basic mechanical skills and familiarity with hand tools.
- Excellent software skills. Familiarity with Excel, Python, C++
- Familiarity with ADAS/Autopilot systems and their sensors.
- Basic knowledge of fundamental vehicle systems and how they
- Must be comfortable driving engineering vehicles which may
contain prototype software and hardware.
- Excellent attention to detail and high situational
- Ability to multi-task, organize, and work in an extremely
fast-paced environment. Compensation and Benefits
Along with competitive pay, as a full-time Tesla employee, you are
eligible for the following benefits at day 1 of hire:
- Aetna PPO and HSA plans > 2 medical plan options with $0
- Family-building, fertility, adoption and surrogacy
- Dental (including orthodontic coverage) and vision plans, both
have options with a $0 paycheck contribution
- Company Paid (Health Savings Account) HSA Contribution when
enrolled in the High Deductible Aetna medical plan with HSA
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- LGBTQ+ care concierge services
- 401(k) with employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and
other financial benefits
- Company paid Basic Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick and Vacation time (Flex time for salary positions), and
- Back-up childcare and parenting support resources
- Voluntary benefits to include: critical illness, hospital
indemnity, accident insurance, theft & legal services, and pet
- Weight Loss and Tobacco Cessation Programs
- Tesla Babies program
- Commuter benefits
- Employee discounts and perks program
$18.00 - $48.00/hour + cash and stock awards + benefits
Pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors,
including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and
experience. The total compensation package for this position may
also include other elements dependent on the position offered.
Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if
an employee receives an offer of employment.
Keywords: Tesla, Fremont , ADAS Test Specialist, IT / Software / Systems , Fremont, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!