SR. SOFTWARE ENGINEER - EMBEDDED SYSTEMS
Company: Belden Inc.
Posted on: January 19, 2023
Belong. Believe. Be You. Belden.
The traffic lights you pass every day. The stadium where you saw
your last concert. Even out above the clouds on the international
space station. Belden's impact is found all around the world, and
beyond. There's a lot of history behind us, and so much more ahead.
Help us write the next 100 years as a member of the Belden
Propel your career surrounded by a diverse team of innovative,
goal-oriented individuals who are pursuing the next generation of
connectivity solutions. At Belden, you'll find support and
encouragement to find a rapid path to career development. You'll
participate in work that will challenge your mind and position you
to excel. Through Belden's inclusive global environment, you'll
collaborate with colleagues from around the world, gaining exposure
to a broad base of expertise and perspectives.
Together, we'll continue on a journey of innovation, creating a
connected world, paving the way for automation, and allowing
companies worldwide to collect, translate and use their data to
meet key, strategic business objectives.
We believe in the unlimited potential of a more connected, safer,
better world. This position is an opportunity for fellow believers
to apply their vision and creativity to help achieve it.
As a Belden employee, you'll be fully immersed with a global team
of experts who develop, and support the development of highly
reliable and mission critical solutions for industries and
enterprises that you come into contact with each day.
You do your best work when you're empowered to bring everything
that makes you uniquely you to your work. We embrace the diverse
perspectives and experiences each team member brings to their role,
and we know it's a catalyst for innovation.
Belden is looking for a highly skilled Senior Embedded Software
Engineer to help drive the implementation, architecture, and design
of the next-generation intelligent edge platform.
The next-generation intelligent edge platform will underpin a
portfolio of multi-branded multi-vertical solutions focused on the
Industrial Internet of Things and Edge application space.
This person will lead a team of dedicated engineers, as well as
work with various other engineering teams at Belden that are
building advanced integrated solutions.
The successful candidate will be hands on with a focus on
technology, scalability, and portability.
Our ideal candidate has a deep understanding of hardware-software
code design for multiple target architectures and a keen eye in
managing and avoiding technical debt.
- Design and implement embedded software for a cloud/edge
integration, portable software that runs on multiple products such
as ethernet switches, firewalls, routers, and edge products
- Collaborate across engineering groups to maximize the use of
common emerging platform technologies, conventions, and
technological building blocks
- Lead and mentor younger developers through the full SDLC
including breaking large software pieces into granular tasks,
assigning appropriate tasks to other developers, and ensuring
proper quality is achieved
- Collaborate with Product Management, other Lead Engineers and
Product Owners from various teams to support the business and
- Collaborate with global engineering leads at various Belden
businesses to establish and drive adoption of conventions and
- Review and contribute to design documents
Required Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of experience in software development utilizing
- Strong exposure to programming languages such as C, C++, Python
- Ability to break down large objectives into small tickets that
can be completed
- Ability to balance long term objectives with short term
- Strong understanding of embedded test strategies such as unit
testing and system testing
- Experience with using or building CI/CD pipelines, DevOps,
version control, and automated system testing
- Good working knowledge of Linux TCP/IP, layer 2 protocols -
STP, MSTP, tunneling protocols
- Strong coding and code review skills in embedded/Linux based
product space, dynamic memory management, IPCs, protocols.
- Secure Web Sockets
- Messaging systems (Kafka, ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ)
- Webservers and User Interfaces
- Familiarity with protocol level tracing with Wireshark
- Education: Bachelor's degree required, Masters or equivalent
combination of experience and education preferred
Let's Write the Next 100 Years Together.
Join a global community striving to improve connectivity and
security. The work we're doing puts our people on the front lines
of impacting lives and shaping the future. Propel your story of
innovation by helping Belden write the next chapter in ours. Shape
your future at Belden.
These statements are intended to describe the general nature and
level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list
of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this
Keywords: Belden Inc., Fremont , SR. SOFTWARE ENGINEER - EMBEDDED SYSTEMS, IT / Software / Systems , Fremont, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!