Senior Software Engineer - Automotive
Company: Solo AVT
Posted on: August 1, 2022
Who we are:Solo AVT is building the safest, greenest and most
cost-effective long-haul truck - ever. With experienced leaders in
the field, we're building a solution that will upend the logistics
trucking industry. You will be working with a highly
cross-functional team of systems, software, hardware and vehicle
engineers, as well as an incredibly talented team of designers,
technicians, and a wide range of other professionals.
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Reports to: Software Manager
Primary Job Responsibilities:As a Sr. Software Engineer at Solo
AVT, you'll develop critical embedded software for emerging and
exciting, autonomous, electric trucks. You'll ensure the
reliability and quality of software functionalities. The ideal
candidate works well within a diverse team while also being able to
operate independently and deliver projects on time and to
specification. This candidate is able to solve complex problems by
working up from the engineering fundamentals to develop the best
solution, regardless of what others are doing or have done. We
can't change the world by doing it the way everyone else has done
it! Finally, while we are an engineering driven company, you will
need to be able to effectively communicate with our co-workers and
partners in both technical and non-technical capacities.
Job Requirements - Essential Skills:
- Lead embedded software development effort for automotive
- Lead embedded software infrastructure design.
- Adapt software to changing technology and suppliers.
- Lead and implement in-vehicle ECU security, including
encryption and authentication such as AES, DSA, ECDSA, etc.
- Write requirements that drive clearly defined software
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop the most
efficient application software for an EV.
- Ensure the most reliable HAL layer drivers, bootloader and
- Define the most rigid Unittest and HIL test system, test
- Creativity, curiosity, solid work ethic, and a strong team
- Minimum 8 years of experience in embedded systems with 10+
years of experience in the automotive, trucking, autonomous,
aerospace or space industry industry.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to lead by setting the example
- A penchant for multi-tasking and self-starting
- A genuine fascination for the automotive field and a commitment
to global change
- A true sense of determination... and hopefully a sense of
- BS/MS degree in EE/CS or equivalent
- 5+ years of professional work experience as a Software
- Proven knowledge, expertise, and passion for Electric
- Top-notch understanding of hardware and software
- Strong knowledge of programming languages, such as C/C++,
- Strong understanding of microprocessor architecture, especially
- Familiarity with Linux development software and experience with
- Experience in software development, especially in the
automotive, trucking, autonomous, aerospace and/or space
Supervisory responsibilities: None
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision
insurance with an employer contribution.
- Competitive compensation packages.
- Employer-paid group term life insurance.
- Employer-paid Short-term and Long-term disability
- 401(k) with company match.
- Paid vacation
- Holidays following the Federal Holiday Schedule.
Physical demands: We are all hands on deck at Solo AVT in our
efforts to create exciting change within the trucking world. The
ideal candidate will be both adventurous and versatile. Daily
activities could range from a full day of designing components at
your desk, to full days working in the shop building out huge Class
8 trucks, and everything in between. Each day will be an adventure
and you should feel comfortable handling moderately sized
components within your daily routine.
Travel required: Subject to periodic travel requirements.
Company-related travel expenses reimbursed per the company's Travel
and Expense Reimbursement policy.
Other duties: Please note this job description is not designed to
cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
Solo AVT, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability
status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local laws.
Solo AVT, Inc. is committed to working with and providing
reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please
let the hiring manager know if you need an accommodation at any
point during the interview process.
Keywords: Solo AVT, Fremont , Senior Software Engineer - Automotive, IT / Software / Systems , Fremont, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!