Technical Sourcing Manager, Storage
Company: Facebook App
Posted on: May 16, 2022
The Storage Sourcing Team moves fast and leverages key
partnerships to drive technical innovation, high quality standards
and cost-savings via a customized supply chain. The Archival
Technical Sourcing Manager is the primary technical contact for
supplier engagement and management with the archival storage
suppliers and in conjunction with the Commercial Sourcing Manager,
will drive the strategic sourcing decisions on a global basis.
Working closely with the Hardware Engineering team, the Technical
Sourcing Manager will help develop, communicate and implement
sourcing strategies, and drive supplier engagements with an overall
focus of influencing technology roadmaps, maintaining long term
supplier relationships, and managing to the lowest total cost of
Technical Sourcing Manager, Storage Responsibilities:
- Maintain current knowledge of the technology and industry
trends for the assigned commodities and perform competitive
analysis on relevant products.
- Develop, manage and refresh individual and customized
technology and commodity sourcing strategies and roadmaps for each
actively managed technology.
- Develop and maintain deep technical relationships with
executive management at core storage suppliers.
- Influence supplier technology roadmaps to ensure Facebook's
system architecture and technical requirements are met.
- In conjunction with Hardware Engineering and Technical Program
Management, lead the creation and definition of future technology
directions in the assigned commodity.
- Provide technical commodity and supplier expertise and
consulting to design engineering for technology migration and lower
- Provide technical review and analysis for and responses to
supplier proposals and RFQs.
- Resolve all technical queries arising from the quote
- Drive pre-hack evaluation of key technologies
usability/suitability within the Facebook infrastructure.
- Work with key internal partners on software and tools that
enable a timely evaluation.
- Own technical expertise in supplier negotiations and provide
review and input for product development and master supply
- Work closely with hardware engineers to develop and execute
part qualification and acceptance plans for new or alternative
- Work with hardware engineers to ensure part specifications and
requirements are within broad commodity and supplier capabilities
avoiding special or unique SKUs.
- Develop supplier technical process improvement plans to drive
positive gain cost, quality, reduced qualification and time to
- Support product transfer from NPI to mass-production.
- BSEE, BSME or degree in a related technical field, or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 12+ years of technical experience in the storage technology
space with some level of supply chain/operations engagement with
the technology drivers and suppliers in the industry, including
experience developing and managing overall supplier
- Knowledge of supplier technology roadmaps and a proven
pragmatic approach to influencing supplier product roadmaps.
- Experience moving from strategy to execution and delivering
- Interpersonal and communication experience, with experience
influencing, negotiating, building consensus and making key
- Experience interfacing with and establishing technical
relationships with senior management at suppliers.
- Experience interfacing with internal and external partners in
an entrepreneurial and cross-functional environment, requiring
independent judgment while coordinating people and technical
- MBA, Masters or PhD in a technical field.
- Product management or program management background.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color,
national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related
medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age,
status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a
disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories,
consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is
committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates
with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any
assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us
know at email@example.com.
Keywords: Facebook App, Fremont , Technical Sourcing Manager, Storage, IT / Software / Systems , Fremont, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!