Company: Sanmina Corporation
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Sanmina Corporation (Nasdaq: SANM) is a leading integrated
manufacturing solutions provider serving the fastest-growing
segments of the global Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS)
market. Recognized as a technology leader, Sanmina Corporation
provides end-to-end manufacturing solutions, delivering superior
quality and support to Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs)
primarily in the communications networks, defense and aerospace,
industrial and semiconductor systems, medical, multimedia,
computing and storage, automotive and clean technology sectors.
Sanmina Corporation has facilities strategically located in key
regions throughout the world.The Sanmina Fremont facility is a
full-service enclosure systems solution manufacturing plant.
Located in California's Silicon Valley, this facility produces
low-to-mid volume New Product Introduction (NPI) runs to full-scale
volume. The Fremont facility offers everything from small piece
parts to fully integrated and tested systems. In addition, this
location offers in-house painting capabilities and flexible
logistics solutions in distribution, inventory management and
hubbing, as well as repair services.Job Purpose:Sanmina is looking
for a senior CMM programmer to develop and run CMM programs for
machined components and welded assemblies. In this role, you will
develop a library of programs for high running parts, as well as
perform manual CMM inspections as needed for first article
submissions and prototype parts. Additionally, you will serve as a
mentor for junior inspectors and technicians, developing their
programming skills, as well as teaching them about general CMM
operation. The ideal candidate is a self-starting and highly
motivated team player, with the ability to communicate and interact
with manufacturing, engineering and quality to provide support at
all levels to satisfy our product, quality and on time
delivery.Nature of Duties/Responsibilities
- Provide Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) programming in PC
- Develop, edit, and implement existing programs on moderately
complex part applications using PC DMIS software from 3D
solid-models and 2D drawings.
- Set up and prove out programs to fully prevent crashes and
faulty outputs with minimum supervision and best practice
- Run CMM programs and perform manual CMM inspections as needed
to support production flow
- Develop training program for junior inspectors to learn CMM
operation and programming
- Communicate issues relating to work orders, programming errors,
material shortages or errors.
- Check and inspect parts to meet tolerances and product
- Maintain logs or other necessary documents.
- Perform minor maintenance activities.
- Coordinate and/or conduct departmental maintenance and
calibration of local measuring and monitoring devices.
- Visual acuity and manual dexterity required.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, bend and lift up to 50
lbs.Education and Experience Qualifications
- Associate Degree required.
- 4 years related experience in CMM programming in manufacturing
- Expert level understanding of GD&T drawings consistent with
the latest ASME standards.
- Proficient with software applications applicable to the
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and writing skills are
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Windows
applications. (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks. This is an ITAR
facility and the applicant must be a US Citizen or a lawful
permanent resident. Sanmina is an Equal Opportunity Employer -
M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Keywords: Sanmina Corporation, Fremont , CMM Programmer, IT / Software / Systems , Fremont, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!