Supply Chain Instructor Can reside
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Company: US0031 Sysco Sacramento, Inc.Zip Code:94538Minimum Level
of Education:High School or EquivalentMinimum Years of Experience:3
YearsEmployment Type:Full TimeTravel Percentage: Up to 50%JOB
SUMMARYThis role is responsible for the coordination/delivery of
CDL and delivery driving training to Sysco's Delivery Drivers in a
region. The incumbent will deliver a standardized curriculum to
prepare employees for the CDL exam. Training will consist of
classroom-based study as well as training on vehicle operation,
trailer management, and overall safety. The incumbent will also be
responsible for coordinating the delivery of driver training. They
will be the key point of contact regarding the training program and
trainee performance. They will be responsible for partnering with
driver trainers that administer delivery driving training. The
incumbent will assess each candidate and communicate progress
towards completing their training to Market and Site leaders.The
Instructor can work from any site closest to their residence in
Central California , Sacramento or San Francisco
- Experience in facilitating training and utilizing strong
coordination, organization and time management skills.
- Ability to monitor and assess trainees and make
- Knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT), state
regulations and company policies regarding the operation of the
- Execute Train-the-Trainer sessions.
- Efficiently deliver training to large groups of
- Document open questions/parking lot items/feedback during and
after class and work with Operations leadership and Subject Matter
Experts (SMEs) to find answers.
- Ensure the readiness of all training materials.
- Manage training administration:
- Confirm course materials are updated and classroom devices work
before the start of class.
- Track course attendance and communicate back to operations and
OpCo leadership results.
- Assist with other duties as assigned or as directed.REQUIRED
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3-5 years of training delivery and facilitation
- 5 years of continuous commercial driver experience
- Touch freight delivery driving experience preferred
- Must be 21+ years of age.
- Valid Class A CDL with a "clean" driving record and current
MECAbilities & Skills:
- Ability to refine training programs and assess candidates
within the training program to determine their readiness to operate
Sysco delivery truck driving.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint,
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Comfortable in the presentation of materials to large groups of
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Superb time management and organizational skills, along with
being able to manage priorities.
- Solid problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to work through and resolve obstacles, be
persistent and persuasive
- Strong team-building skills.
- Able to work with different levels of personnel.
- Exemplary interpersonal skills.
- Can communicate up and down the chain of command.
- Ability to multitask and have the flexibility to accommodate
changing priorities.Physical DemandsThe physical demands described
here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers
to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and
- Frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20
- Travel required - will travel as needed to Central California ,
Sacramento and San Francisco sitesWorking ConditionsThe above
information on this description has been designed to indicate the
general nature and level of work performed by associates within
this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates
assigned to this job.To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of
knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Training will be conducted in a classroom environment as well
as, outdoors in normal and inclement weather conditions.NOTICE: The
above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the
environment and the level of work being performed by this job. This
job description in no way states or implies that the duties and
responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the
employee in this job. The employee will be required to follow any
other instructions and to perform any other job-related duties
requested by his or her supervisor.This job description supersedes
prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and
develop the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes
of business necessity.BENEFITS INFORMATION:For information on
Sysco's Benefits, please visit https://SyscoBenefits.comHOW WE
PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATESCOVID-19 Precaution(s):
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
OVERVIEW:Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution.
With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles,
Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide
and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.We offer our
associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally,
to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to
serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're
looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team.
Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of
food and service.AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:Applicants must be
currently authorized to work in the United States.We are proud to
be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and
consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed,
religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other
protected factor under federal, state or local law.This opportunity
is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and
Keywords: Sysco, Fremont , Supply Chain Instructor Can reside, Human Resources , Fremont, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!