Associate Clinical Launch Specialist
Company: THINK Surgical, Inc.
Posted on: November 19, 2023
47201 Lakeview Blvd, Fremont, CA 94538, USA Req #160 Monday,
November 6, 2023 JOB SUMMARY The Associate Clinical Launch
Specialist will support the commercialization of THINK Surgical's
robotic technologies in the orthopedics space. They will be
responsible for assisting the Clinical Launch Director in creating
(and then improving) a training program to educate and train
hospital staff and surgeons to independently use our robotic
technology in the operating room without clinical support from
THINK Surgical (i.e., self-sufficiency). The Associate Clinical
Launch Specialist will execute the training plan in several
different environments including, but not limited to, the operating
room, cadaver labs, saw-bone labs, virtual reality, etc under the
supervision of a Clinical Launch Specialist. The Associate Clinical
Launch Specialist will also participate in demonstrations of
THINK's robotic technology to potential new customers. The
Associate Clinical Launch Specialist must be able to work in a
fast-paced, high stress environment. Previous OR experience is
required, and previous robotic training experience is a plus. Must
have proven experience in clearly and concisely presenting
technical information to surgeons, staff, and other hospitals
employees. This position will require extensive travel throughout
the United States. DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Capable of assisting the Clinical Launch Team in creating (and
then improving) a training program to educate and train hospital
staff and surgeons to independently use THINK's robotic technology
in the OR, including working with and recommending improvements to
THINK Surgical's virtual reality training modules.
- Complete an eighteen to twenty four month training program on
THINK Surgical's robotic systems as well as orthopedic
- Capable of executing the training program to personally train
orthopedic surgeons and operating room staff on all aspects of our
- Work with hospital staff and THINK sales and program managers
to establish a launch plan to include all aspects including
imaging, marketing, disposables, sterile processing, as well as
initial case coverage.
- Work with new customers to establish complete product adoption
and high utilization.
- Coordinate and effectively communicate with THINK's sales team
as well as the field service teams to install and service THINK
Surgical's robotic systems.
- Provide technical assistance on THINK's robotic technology
during total joint replacement surgical procedures.
- Support the field sales team by training them on use of THINK
Surgical's products (e.g., TMINI and TMAX) on a regular basis to
advance their product knowledge and selling skills.
- Assist THINK's sales team in demonstrating THINK Surgical's
products to surgeons and other customer prospects, and support
demonstrations at customer sites, trade shows, THINK Surgical's
offices and other potential locations.
- Develop strong relationships with THINK Surgical's orthopedic
- Learn from and collaborate with multiple departments within
THINK Surgical including field service, clinical, sales, and
- Represent THINK Surgical with the highest level of
professionalism to maintain our market brand/image as a world
leader in medical robotics.
- Continue to advance your own knowledge base and become a
clinical expert on all clinical aspects of THINK Surgical's robotic
- Support R&D cadaveric and saw-bones labs. QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in science or related field experience.
- 1-2 years' Operating Room clinical support experience.
- Excellent verbal and written, interpersonal, and presentation
- Must be capable of working in a high pressure setting,
including making appropriate sound decisions quickly.
- Must demonstrate confidence, trust, and a high level of product
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills, initiative, judgment, and problem
- Excellent computer skills, including Windows, word processing,
spreadsheet, and presentation software.
- High level of integrity and work ethic.
- Willingness to collaborate as part of a team
- Attendance and punctuality are essential functions of the
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and applicable
Quality System Standards Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with orthopedic instrumentation systems, surgical
robotics, or surgical navigation systems. COMPETENCIES
- Customer Focus
- Trustworthiness PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position and operate
office equipment for a prolonged period of time.
- Must be able to operate THINK Surgical's robotic technology for
a prolonged period of time in an operating room and other
- Must follow the policies and procedures set forth by THINK
customers, including policies related to customers' vaccination
requirements for vendors. If a customer facility does not allow
unvaccinated vendor employees, then unvaccinated THINK employees
may not visit such facility.
- Physical activities include, but are not limited to, constant
manual dexterity, moving about the work site, and/or handling
objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Other infrequent physical activities include, but are not
limited to, positioning self to complete assigned tasks, and
ascending/descending floors and/or ladders.
- Occasionally work around moving mechanical parts.
- Must be able to work in a schedule that commensurate with
business operation, including work during weekends, holidays and/or
times outside of normal business hours.
- Must be able to travel as business necessitates (up to 75%).
Disclaimer: The above is intended to describe the general content
of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to
be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties,
responsibilities, or physical requirements. Nothing in this job
description restricts management's right to assign or reassign
duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable
accommodations may be possible to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
THINK Surgical, Inc. ("THINK") is committed to hiring the best
qualified candidates for approved positions while engaging in
recruitment and selection practices that are in compliance with all
applicable employment laws. It is the policy of THINK to provide
equal employment opportunity for employment to all applicants and
employees, regardless of any protected status. Any qualified
applicant or employee with a disability who requires an
accommodation in connection with his/her employment at THINK should
contact Human Resources and request an accommodation. THINK also
participates in E-Verify, a web-based system that allows THINK to
confirm an employee's eligibility to work in the United
States.Actual compensation offered will depend on several factors
including but not limited to geographic location, work experience,
education, skill level, and/or other business and organizational
needs.THINK Surgical, Inc. also participates in E-Verify, a
web-based system that allows THINK to confirm an employee's
eligibility to work in the United States.
- 47201 Lakeview Blvd, Fremont, CA 94538, USA
Keywords: THINK Surgical, Inc., Fremont , Associate Clinical Launch Specialist, Healthcare , Fremont, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!