Tooling Development Engineer - Medical Devices
Company: Surf Search
Posted on: August 6, 2022
We are currently searching for a senior or principal level
Tooling Development Engineer to join a global medical device
manufacturing company in the San Francisco Bay Area. We are
searching for an experienced engineer to develop high precision
tooling processes for nitinol based medical devices.Requirements of
the Tooling Development Engineer - Medical Devices:
- BS in related engineering discipline. Mechanical or Materials
Engineering discipline preferred.
- 8+years relevant engineering experience developing precision
- Demonstrated familiarity with metalworking and machining
- Experience developing heat treatment processes and high
precision mechanical components for nitinol components.
- Expert level understanding of GD&T and tolerance stack
- Understanding of fundamental metallurgical principals and
- Experience utilizing six sigma and lean manufacturing
principals for continuous improvement of manufacturing
processes.Responsibilities of the Tooling Development Engineer -
- Engage cross functionally with operators, production team,
technicians and engineers to develop, optimize and validate medical
device production processes.
- Develop heat treatment processes for nitinol components.
- Design and develop high precision fixtures and tooling for heat
treatment, crimping, forming and honing processes.
- Oversee engineering studies and process validation
Keywords: Surf Search, Fremont , Tooling Development Engineer - Medical Devices, Healthcare , Fremont, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!