Caregiver without Clinical Experience
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Location: US-CA-FREMONTSystem ID: 749669Category:
FacilitiesEmployment Status: Full-TimeUnit Name: SISTER OF THE HOLY
FAMILY FMUnit Contact: La Shawn KilgoreTarget Hourly Rate:
$20-24/hr depending upon experienceUNIT DESCRIPTIONSodexo is
seeking a Caregiver to join our team. This position is located at
the Sisters of the Holy Family. This client provides a serene and
welcoming environment that requires the right candidate to have
passion for helping others. Would you like to make a difference in
someone's life? If so, apply today!!!#IN #CBBenefits of
- Paid Vacation Days/ Sick Pay/Holidays
- 401k-Company matching
- Medical/Dental Benefits
- FREE Meals
- Safety Shoes provided
- Uniform Shirts and PPE provided#INTypical Shift:10:30 am to
7:00 pm; 3:00 pm to 11:30pmJOB DUTIES:Sisters of the Holy Family
(SHF)Role / Responsibilities of the CLA (Community Life Associates)
- Companionship for sisters in cottage 2 - includes:
- regular checking on sisters to see if they have any needs
- visiting sisters confined or in their rooms
- sitting with sisters
- reading to sisters
- delivering and reading (if necessary) sister's mail
- coordinating facetime with sister and her family
- when weather permits taking sisters outside
- accompanying sisters to oratory; sitting with sisters for Mass
viewed on TV in the living room
- Accompanying / driving sisters to medical appointments
- Planning, coordinating, and participating in activities for
sisters in cottage 2
- Environment / decorations in cottage 2
- Planning birthday, feastday and other celebrations
- Assisting On Lok in serving meals in the dining room (On Lok
responsible for meal tray delivery to rooms if needed). CLAs not
responsible for feeding sisters.
- Set up, cleaning / sanitizing of dining area before and after
- Handles the emergency phone - 24 hours
- Receives, documents, and informs Sodexo management of all
Sodexo staff call offs
- Laundry and ironing as needed
- Responding to pendants of sisters living in cottages 1 and 3
- handles the response to an emergency
- assistance with walking between cottages for sisters with
- Responds to pendants of sisters in cottage 2 if it continues to
ring (notifies On Lok staff if there is a medical need; then stays
with sister until On Lok staff arrives). NOTE: the first responders
to the call bells / pendants of sisters in cottage 2 is to be the
On Lok staff
- Any other assigned task by their managerThe evening / night
shift / weekend CLA:
- Handles the emergency phone
- Responds to pendants of sisters living in cottages 1 and 3
- Responds to pendants of sisters in cottage 2 - during On Lok
meal time and breaks
- Communicates with the doctor if needed for sisters in any of
- Is the family member to give a sister over the counter
medication requested by the doctor. NOTE: any narcotic drug is
administered by SHF
- Calls for EMTs if requested by the doctor - also notifies the
Hospital Duty sister if there is a need to go to emergency. Sees
that the EMT gets the medical packet on the back of the sister's
- Moves between cottages during the evening to check on sisters
and do tasks:
- restocking specific food / drink items in all cottages
- making coffee for the morning
- inventory and replenishment of incontinent and personal
products for C2 Sisters
- any other assigned task by their managerBenefits
EligibilityFull Time Benefits: At Sodexo, we believe every employee
should have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall
rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a
healthy lifestyle including health, dental and vision insurance. We
also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial and savings
programs and access to our employee assistance program and other
discounts (eligibility varies by unit and may not be available to
all employees).Position SummaryThe Concierge may work in many types
of locations on client premises. Often one of the first points of
contact in a Sodexo managed facility, the Concierge may be asked to
fulfill many requests for a patient, visitor or other customer. The
general responsibilities of the position include those listed
below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the
position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts,
depending on business necessities and client requirements.General
- Understands and follows all policies and procedures.
- Acts as a source of facility knowledge for clients, customers,
and patients who seek information, guidance and assistance.
- Responsible for providing concierge services to patients,
visitors, guests etc.
- If in Healthcare, must comply with all Sodexo or client HIPAA
policies and procedures.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and
- Applies all applicable OSHA and related local safety
requirements to all assigned work.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as
assigned.Qualifications & Requirements
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with
satisfactory regularity in light of Sodexo time and attendance
policy and/or client operating hours.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience.
- 1 or more years of related work experience.Skills/Aptitude:
- Ability to present self in a highly professional manner to
others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with customers, patients, co-workers and
other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Ability to maintain a professional relationship with all
coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers
and client representatives.
- Ability to provide clear directions and respond accordingly to
- Ability to use a computer.
- Ability to use all relevant electronic and communication
- Applies basic skills and may develop skills appropriate for the
- Relies on judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Considerable knowledge of a variety of customer
service/hospitality concepts, practices, and procedures.
- A certain degree of creativity and problem solving abilities is
- Knowledge of and proficiency in all OSHA and local requirements
related to all assigned work. General Qualifications:Physical
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently
lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.Working
Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may participate in
outside activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends, and
extended hours as business dictates.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to
loud.Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Keywords: Sodexo, Fremont , Caregiver without Clinical Experience, Healthcare , Fremont, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!