Company: Aspire Public Schools
Posted on: January 16, 2019
About Aspire: -Aspire Public Schools operates 40 high-performing, college-preparatory public charter schools serving 16,000 students in underserved communities across California and in Memphis, Tennessee. Founded in 1998, Aspire is one of the nation's largest open-enrollment public charter school systems serving predominantly low-income students, and delivering a rigorous College for Certain education to students in grades K-12.Our promise at Aspire Public Schools is that every child receives a high-quality education to prepare them for success in college, career and life. Every day, our community of students, parents, teachers and staff come together to learn and grow so that every child's aspirations are within reach.
The Opportunity:Use your technical skills to support 17,000 students in becoming the first in their family to graduate from college.
As the Engineering Manager, you are responsible for deploying software and data infrastructure that improves the efficiency and quality of work at Aspire. -You wear many hats and can move easily between understanding teammate's needs, analytical problem-solving, and utilizing best in class methods to develop software. -
ESSENTIAL DUTIES + RESPONSIBILITIES:I. Lead a High Functioning Technical Team
Develop a team of software engineers by coaching, mentoring and supervising direct reports in the development of their skills.
Foster a collaborative, high-performing environment by setting high standards for technical quality, peer review, and documentation. -
Lead the team in implementing Agile project management strategies that improve our ability to respond to change and deliver value.
II. -Cultivate our Data Infrastructure
Ensure that our nightly ETL processes run smoothly and on schedule.
Work with our Database Architect to develop Aspire's data warehouse and ensure that it is stable, sustainable, and performant so that key analytics can be derived.
Work with leaders across the organization to understand and forecast data-related needs then bring this vision to life using your technical wizardry.
Work closely with our Research and Analytics team to develop data structures that enable to them to quickly develop visualizations for stakeholders.
Provide -technical support related to data manipulation for other teams as needed.
III. Develop Software Systems
Lead the development -of delightful, scalable web applications that provide solutions for key organizational needs.
Work -with business owners and school sites to define and implement both technical and non-technical solutions to improve the efficiency and quality of business processes.
Provide -technical support for Aspire's intranet and public website as needed.
IV. -Provide Cross-Functional Technical Partnership and Thought Leadership
- Establish cross-functional relationships with leaders across the organization in order to understand their needs and propose well designed technical solutions.
- Think big about making improvements to how Aspire delivers information and tools to stakeholders including students, families, teachers, school site admin, regional teams, and our home office.
V. Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS:1) Required knowledge, skills & abilities:
- 4+ years working with technology in progressively responsible roles
- Experience planning and implementing technology infrastructure and product development improvements
- Experience with data warehousing technologies including MSSQL Server, Azure, Redshift, or Spark
- Deep knowledge of ETL tools and processes including Microsoft tools such as SSIS, MSSQL Job Agent, as well as open source tools like Python, Kafka, Airflow, or Luigi
- Bonus points for experience teaching in an urban environment or working with students
-2) Minimum educational level: -
- Bachelors Degree required; Masters in Computer Science or related field preferred
Compensation:Aspire offers its employees a competitive salary and benefits, including paid time off, 100% core health benefits coverage on some plans, life insurance/long-term disability, participation in a CA or TN state retirement plan, tuition reimbursement plan, and adoption assistance program.Aspire Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. Aspire promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
Keywords: Aspire Public Schools, Fremont , Engineering Manager, Executive , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!